Hancock Lurchers

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've kept lurchers for close to forty years, none of em directly from Hancock, and most of those were shite too!

As a general comment, rather than one about a specific breeder I can't see a problem with farmers culling stock or those who have spare puppies from a home bred litter culling those excess to requirem

Anthony,.you original question was a wee bit naive,...   You ask to hear the opinions from lads who have owned and used dogs, that came via David Hancock,.but,.only if they have something nice to sa

Posted Images

Bob I've read some previous threads, I got bored of reading all the rubbish , that's why I started this one and worded it as I did. I'm not looking at 2 sides of any story like I said I'm not interested in the haters that's their opinion I'm interested in listening to lads who work them now or have done in the past.

Only recently found out mine is Hancock collie cross (with deerhound x other side).

She's coming up 20 months, spot on temperament, very keen, slow to mature but put that down to the deerhound, she's more switched on these days when there's stuff worth chasing. My only experience of Hancock bred dogs, but i can't complain

ge9vmehm.jpg

• Like 2

Bob I've read some previous threads, I got bored of reading all the rubbish , that's why I started this one and worded it as I did. I'm not looking at 2 sides of any story like I said I'm not interested in the haters that's their opinion I'm interested in listening to lads who work them now or have done in the past.

What I was trying to say was, its the same every hancock thread. You get the people who dont like them and you get the people who keep them/kept them. Its always the same people every time. As far as I`m aware, we as a forum havent had a surge of hancock owners join, so its gonna be the same people as the last thread...

• Like 4

I've been trawling websites for months,and the same numbers an areas come up often so there's plenty of people out there who's dogs are not worked,different litters ,terriers an lurchers etc,

I guess with hancock you know what it is a collie x,but if it's true about the price tag ,then no.i wouldn't pay that much.

Plenty of decent bred dogs out there for less.they just won't be a collie x .