Putting Weight On A Dog Fast ?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sometimes it's just the wAy they built mate   Fatty lamb n beef good start use brown bread pasta brown rice as filler

If you are feeding a cereal based food (the ingredient listed first on the bag is the one of which there is most), and you are paying under £35-40 a bag, then there is a good chance that the dog is cr

Redmills goes right through some

She's out walkin getting road work every night a good 6 mile jog and she's on racer at 28% protein she won't eat pasta or rice don't eat raw food ... If she didn't run well I'd get rid I hate a fussy dog

If you are feeding a cereal based food (the ingredient listed first on the bag is the one of which there is most), and you are paying under £35-40 a bag, then there is a good chance that the dog is crapping out almost as much as you are feeding it, which means that although it says 28% protein, that protein is cereal, and therefore not as easily or as well assimilated by dogs.

Try feeding a really good quality complete food where the first ingredient on the bag is meat: there are plenty about: chicken and rice, lamb and rice: note that the meat content is stated in the product. Whereas cheaper foods which are mostly cereal will not state the above.

Also, the cheaper foods (under £35 a bag) often don't contain enough fat, and what there is may be vegetable fat/oil, which ain't as good for dogs as animal fat.

You need to look for foods containing at least 15% fat for a dog in work.

• Like 2

It's alpha racer

28 protein

15 oils and fats

2.9 fibres

8.3 ash

I've tried mixing all sorts with rice n pasta just picks biscuits out I've tried raw meat on top of her biscuits and it was still there the morning after not even moved for the biscuits underneath

What's the best way to put weight on a dog fast ? She's been regularly wormed for all types of worm is out once a week coursing but isn't putting weight on at all .

feeding more meat wont put weight on the dog unless its getting enough carbohydrate. Often its the cheaper brands of ready food that put pounds on. Like said some dogs need more and some less. if the dogs too thin you keep increasing the amount it gets until its balanced with the amount of work. Gaining weight fast isnt good for work though.

• Like 1