Ebola Out Break In Nigeri.....britain?

If they truly wanted to contain Ebola surely they would stop all people from travelling who have been in contact with Ebola cases. There was stricter controls on the foot and mouth outbreak in Britain than there is with this Ebola carry on and foot and mouth doesn't kill people.

• Like 5

If they truly wanted to contain Ebola surely they would stop all people from travelling who have been in contact with Ebola cases. There was stricter controls on the foot and mouth outbreak in Britain than there is with this Ebola carry on and foot and mouth doesn't kill people.

Very true.

I like the idea of Carry On Ebola. It really sums up the way the government are dealing with the crisis, like a Carry On film. haha

Our Government have seen fit NOT to screen anyone coming from Africa through our airports. :blink: Apparently all it takes is a temperature check ffs. Almost as if the Government want the outbreak to reach these shores. :yes:

In the sun today about a suspected case in lewisham hospital was allowed to walk around the hospital and even the doctor didnt wanna go near him lol. Don't blame the doctor and shouldn't laugh as my dad works at lewisham mortuary. Hopefully if someone dies they've already gone to hospital because of the suffering Ebola causes and won't just drop dead at home and need a post mortem.

Another scare story but

The worst part for registered nurse Anja Wolz is when the children come in. She wants to comfort them, but it’s almost impossible to cuddle a child when you’re wearing a full body suit, a hood with a visor, two pairs of gloves and rubber boots.

Wolz, emergency coordinator for Medicins Sans Frontieres (MSF or Doctors Without Borders), is working at one of her group’s emergency care centers in Sierra Leone, where more than 900 people have been infected with Ebola and where about 400 of them have died.

“It’s the children who distress me most,” Wolz writes in a commentary published in the New England Journal of Medicine. “In the confirmed-case tents, I cared for a 6-year-old boy and his 3-year-old sister. Their parents and grandmother had died from Ebola,” she writes.

When the boy died, we tried to console and calm his sister, but the PPE (personal protective equipment) made it difficult to touch her, to hold her, even to speak with her. She died the next day.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/fighting-ebola-how-do-you-comfort-dying-child-n190506

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend’s
Or of thine own were:
Any man’s death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

(John Donne )

Anyone who feels children dying is a subject for jokes..........

• Like 4