Fracking seems to be getting the go ahead even though most of the public are against, seen on the news other day a wumins hoose dropped in value a shit load because of it. I don't own my house, don't like the sound of problems it can cause to water, also my area is already bad for subsidense because of mines, fracking will make it worse.. There's the risk to food and farmers livelihood and probably more.. You for or against??

Edited by Joe1888

Who`s most of the public ?

You mean the thick masses that complain about there gas bill after sitting on their fat arse all year in front of the fire,?

Or the "environmentalists" that don`t even own a fekin pushbike cause they run two cars.

If you want energy to burn, suck it up and accept it has to come out of the ground.

FFS I pump it out of the sea, but cycle everywhere cause I know we use too much, so if I can make an effort so can the "most of the public" but they don`t

• Like 6

We are screwed with out it,that,s the problem all the pits are shut except a odd one,oils low and electric consumption is up it has to come from some where,and them bloody wind turbines are cropping up all over, what a eye sore, we cant win no one wants nuclear power,they need to make there f**gg*n minds up truth is we will always have to exploit some thing to support our way of life,I am an ex coal miner, and I know there's millions of tons still down there, and I am sure the technology to burn it cleaner is out there,but they want the cheap easy alternative,after all they don,t want to have to employ a colliery full of people, run apprenticeships,, fitters, electricians, engineers,black smiths, joiners, to do a day's graft, when they can employ cheap labour and shove a few buttons to get there fuel supply,then when it goes wrong,blame everything else but themselves,

• Like 2

Yup

Same as we both live in mining areas Joe, and they have left scarring legacies on the environment for future generations as well, but we look back fondly at them, don`t we ? , Energy comes out the ground, on way or another.

Oh, and don`t believe the hype.

• Like 2

Heard a bit about fracking lately. Still need some more pros and cons on it. I did an online thing to see if my home could be effected with it and it said yes.....I have a funny feeling everyone who does the test will hear that though?

If fracking doesn't happen, they will re-open the pits. Who is going down there to dig for coal? Very few youngsters will do this work. Probably Romanians or Polish.

Edited by lexikia

BH- here we go again?

Rake, theres loads of cases over the usa. No doubt there will be a few over here.

If yous dont mind the health risks, those who have bought houses, dont mind a big drop in value?

Edited by Joe1888