Rspca Visit

Hi guys

Wounded if you could give me any help/advice.

Had a visit from the above this afternoon, this is the story.

Yesterday my wife was coming back from a walk with the dog. Went into the front garden and took his lead off at which point he charged at a cat at the back of the garden. My wife very quickly called him off, which he did, this cat then had a go at the dog. My wife was trying to shoo the cat away from the garden. It took a few minutes but eventually the cat went and she thought that was that.

Today an RSPCA officer arrives with a complaint, apparently the cat now has a bad leg, needed X-rays etc with the vet saying it looks like the cat was kicked! There is no way my wife would have kicked the cat (see would kick the dog though!)

There is a witness who agrees she heard my wife telling the dog off and trying to shoo the cat, however she also says she heard someone saying 'I'm going to kill that cat.' Again not something my wife would say.

She is now in pieces, worried that she will lose the dogs I'd she is prosecuted but more importantly that she will lose her job because she works with children.

Sorry to rumble on, hope someone is able to help.

Cheers

Spring

Hi guys

Yesterday my wife was coming back from a walk with the dog. Went into the front garden and took his lead off at which point he charged at a cat at the back of the garden. My wife very quickly called him off, which he did, this cat then had a go at the dog. My wife was trying to shoo the cat away from the garden. It took a few minutes but eventually the cat went and she thought that was that.

Today an RSPCA officer arrives with a complaint, apparently the cat now has a bad leg, needed X-rays etc with the vet saying it looks like the cat was kicked! There is no way my wife would have kicked the cat (see would kick the dog though!)

There is a witness who agrees she heard my wife telling the dog off and trying to shoo the cat, however she also says she heard someone saying 'I'm going to kill that cat.' Again not something my wife would say.

She is now in pieces, worried that she will lose the dogs I'd she is prosecuted but more importantly that she will lose her job because she works with children.

Cheers

Spring

who reported her to the scrum ? the women who heard her say shes going to kill the cat ?

mine killed a cat 2 doors down in thier garden few years back,they phoned police ,police came told them i was putting dogs in van and cat popped out from no where ,dogs chased it and killed it ,very sorry but what could i do , copper just said dogs chase cats ,just try and have a good look before you put them in van nect time, your mrs be fine

Edited by DEERMAN

Say nothing and sign nothing. Either ring Clive Rees on 07969 378750 or the SHG on 0744 99 89 411. RSPCA aim is successful prosecution. Don't give them the chance.

SHG people are spot on they now the craic inside out ... They will sort you out with the law and the RSPCA ...however from what you have said you have nothing to worry about ... Don't let the RSPCA onto your property and don't speak to them .... THEY HAVE NO RIGHTS THEY ARE CIVILIANS ... Tell your missus to chill out and not to say something silly ... Ring the SHG guys ................

• Like 3

Hi guys

Cheers

Spring

that's one hell of a vet, if you went to the docs with a bruise on your leg they couldn't tell how you did it. They are just hoping to bullshit you into responding. If they bother you again inform them that you have removed their implied right of access, consulted your solicitor and to permanently jog on.