Whippet Info Required.

my pup 20 tts...i wouldent take a chance on here doing 4 foot fences..could she , yes,,one day she will come a cropper so not for me...now a dog at 23 tts and upworeds they will do it easy but as said not for me..i dont need a dog that can jump

my pup 20 tts...i wouldent take a chance on here doing 4 foot fences..could she , yes,,one day she will come a cropper so not for me...now a dog at 23 tts and upworeds they will do it easy but as said not for me..i dont need a dog that can jump

mate my we bitch is 19th she jumps 4 ft no bother shouldn't be problem with your dog get some with no bard and get her use to it she will be fine mate good luck

Dangerous for any dog jumping barbed wire pal they will all rip

my old saluki greyhound could jump anything, never caught himself on barbs, but it does have its pros and cons, if your permission or land has a lot of chained fences it's handy but it doesn't take 10 seconds to lift a dog over a fence

what do you do run alongside the dog as its on quarry then give it a quick heave ho over the fence for it to carry on
hahaa thinking the same

Bitches usually taller, but saying that some of mike browns stuff is very tall, too tall really it's getting away from everything that's good about a whippet, you might aswell look for a small Grey bitch, a small whippet bitch 18" will have prey drive through the roof and be as good on rats as terriers and the best on Bunnys, mine don't do jumping you could teach them but when it goes wrong it's a trip to the vets, better to just lift them over or lift bottom of fence and teach them too go under,

f75e124d8dbe1b225da4497cfd343f79.jpg

• Like 6

Bitches usually taller, but saying that some of mike browns stuff is very tall, too tall really it's getting away from everything that's good about a whippet, you might aswell look for a small Grey bitch, a small whippet bitch 18" will have prey drive through the roof and be as good on rats as terriers and the best on Bunnys, mine don't do jumping you could teach them but when it goes wrong it's a trip to the vets, better to just lift them over or lift bottom of fence and teach them too go under, f75e124d8dbe1b225da4497cfd343f79.jpg

Lovely looking bitch

• Like 1

I've got a whippet x beddy collie grey. But looks just like a whippet st 18.5tts. She's 4 now and I've got to say she's a cracker. Plenty of speed, can jump a gate and fence no bother but usually tries to get under if possible. Good little day and ferreting dog but in all honesty not too good on the lamp, as much as I've tried. She's very much a one man dog and will gladly stand staring at me for hours which can become annoying. She's had rabbits, and various creatures. Had 1 red thing, and she doesn't half get stuck in. And definitely no reverse gear. As far as injuries go, her face and chest have scars on her but most of them are due to rats and tree rats. Never had a big skin rip as yet. Would recommend.

• 1 month later...

Hi I have a 1 year old whippet that stands at 23 inches tall. I would like 2 no more about what type he is and I race him n show him n he does fantasia in the working class but I Ave never hunted him as I don't no what 2 do. Any advice or tips would b very appreciated

How do you lads with pure whippets get on when its realy cold and wet.

how do they cope when quiet spells in these conditions when ferreting.

Some fantastic looking dogs.

Not had a pure whippet for a fair few years now, and considering the fact that I aint getting any younger, when it's really cold and wet, even with lurchers, I'll be doing something more sensible :thumbs: