Amsterdam

The city centre is a bit of a hole really...........swamped with drug fiends & stag parties..........loved it as a young man lol

......wouldn't rush to take my family there though.....

Must be 18 or 19 years ago I first went there, was sent there by work, some long days and some long nights, and then some days off to roam, beautiful city IMO, & cant say ive met any dutch I never liked, (some real strange ones though!). Worked there 3 or 4 times in my 20's. Last time I went was with the girlfriend, fcuk did we do some walking! cafe to cafe to cafe LOL.

Thinking about heading back there next year for a long weekend, strictly museums and culture you understand....

Dont think id want to take my kids there though. Not till they are into their 20's and then id doubt they'd want me to take them there! LOL

• Like 3

I met up with a mate there last year again, gone right off it now to be honest.....

found somewhere a lot nicer now........taking my family to Utrecht this weekend, lovely city centre........you can still do the coffee shop thing, just not so intense....... & you don't feel like you need a long hot shower when you leave lol

Stayed in both Utrecht and Rotterdam, both nice places (back then), as you say Accip, not so in your face. & 'Dam is only 1/2 hour on the rattler from both.

Edited by GD Waz

Stayed in both Utrecht and Rotterdam, both nice places (back then), as you say Accip, not so in your face. & 'Dam is only 1/2 hour on the rattler from both.

Yeh Hollands only tiny......:-)

Very nice people as well.......

Few my mates seem to go for a weekend every month. Spend quite abit of money out there considering it's just a weekend they go for. Meant to have better bud out there but I'm guessing that may change now the states are starting to make it all legal? Still don't think the Dutch have been able to get a cheese that's on par with exodus though. I'd like to visit one day even though I don't smoke I'd probably take a few pulls when out there and pull a whitey lol.

I visited earlier this year with the family it was excellent, went to the John Frost Bridge at Arnhem and paid our respects at the Airbourne cemetary. Visited the Arnhem museum and then spent 2 nights in Amsterdam didAnne Franks house and spent time wandering sound the canals and bars resteraunts etc

• Like 1

Love the place! a good mate of mine has a hotel boat there so free digs for me lol

Lucky you........because the hotels are about 3 times the price of any other decent european city!

• Like 1

love it there,only downfall to many fecking cyclists i been nearly dead lots of times :laugh: ,always remember the flight out from luton not much else for 4 days and sort of come round on flight home fecking exhausted