• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

blue rope lol....

tried an tested an a new one on every other gate if your stuck

Remember buying one in 1979 out of the shooting times think it was called the altcar courseing slip all leather with a brass barrel that the collar attached to it was well made and a lot of money for

I some times think that owners who buy these fancy slip leads some how think it might make their dog catch more game lol.

Nothing to do with that at all, how many people see them when your out lamp in? ?

I some times think that owners who buy these fancy slip leads some how think it might make their dog catch more game lol.

Nothing to do with that at all, how many people see them when your out lamp in? ?
have a look at the nylon ones on gamekeeper shed there good me being a snod thats what o use for lamping saves running the dog with a collar on

Remember buying one in 1979 out of the shooting times think it was called the altcar courseing slip all leather with a brass barrel that the collar attached to it was well made and a lot of money for the time and in all honesty a bag of shite.

your right I bought 1 20 years ago hanging in the shed polish it every year but never on a dog a bit of rope is better might put it on ebay some day.lol

have a look at the nylon ones on gamekeeper shed there good me being a snod thats what o use for lamping saves running the dog with a collar on
Cheers mate. I'm not a fan of running with collar on either.

i had something like this about 20 years ago. worked fine but a bugger to get back on the dog when your hands are freezing cold.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greyhound-Lurcher-Whippet-coursing-toggle-quick-release-collar-lead-/161389211934?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Kitchen_Steamers_Cookers_PP&hash=item25938bf11e

as mentioned above they may cause hassle with the law if you get pulled.

all i use now is a flat 1/2" nylon lead with the clip cut off and the end burnt to stop it fraying. does mean using a collar though

Edited by robs5230

i had a look on that site. not sure which you mean. can you give me a link to this one ? cheers