Whats The Best Fox Caller On The Market

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your hand pal u control the pitch volume and timing and it doesn't cost anything

All the above work ok but I brought a fox pro about 6 years ago and it's transformed our nights out.get a wary one that sits well out and scroll through the calls until you get to one he like the soun

now you are full of shit show vt?

I used to have a work mobile and one of my own.

The work mobile had a recording facility on it so I recorded myself squeaking then set it as a ring tone.

When I was foxing up a high seat, I put the work phone where I wanted it, then call it from the other mobile.

That brought a few in,

Didn't cost anything cos I'd hang up before it connected to the answerphone.

Genius :victory:

If you got a iPhone the app (ihunt) is good but will need some speakers to get the best out of it

Around £100, could be a contender:

http://www.whathifi.com/jbl/flip-2/review

John Lewis have the version 1 for £50.

Review of version 1:

http://www.whathifi.com/jbl/flip/review

Don't know how robust these are.

Edited by Alsone

FoxPro; (Me again)

I've used mine to fantastic effect over the time I've had it, but the only downside that has emerged is (my experience) that it

fairly quickly gets 'blown-out' in single location and the local foxes avoid it like the plague, so I have to refrain from using it for

at least 6 months before it will work again.

Usually I revert to my varied selection of mouth blown calls, which always work.

Of course the main attraction of the FoxPro (and other remote electronics) is that is placed away from the shooter and give a

great advantage.

AndyF

Not sure about the American callers. They're aimed at an American market and a lot of the calls don't necessarily work here.

Mouth, polystyrene on a tile are good because they are an actual noise, not a recording of one. I'll swear some foxes can tell if its recorded or not.

i agree with you that the american calls do not work over here and tenterfeild fox whistle does not do well either and as for ianm you cant beat your hand for calling takes a while to master how many have you shot with fox pro wildfire in one night ianm

All the above work ok but I brought a fox pro about 6 years ago and it's transformed our nights out.get a wary one that sits well out and scroll through the calls until you get to one he like the sound of, they usually come in the end. Never met anyone who does a good chicken in distress yet!

You forgot to tell them kid

We had 6 Tuesday night with that fox pro

All the above work ok but I brought a fox pro about 6 years ago and it's transformed our nights out.get a wary one that sits well out and scroll through the calls until you get to one he like the sound of, they usually come in the end. Never met anyone who does a good chicken in distress yet!

what big cubs

Me and ratmanwan have had a few nights when we have had 8 with the fox pro

The chicken call don't half fetch um in

We've had them 10 yard away a few times with that caller

Best bit of kit ever

Ratmanwan is spot on with his hand calling

We've got just about every call you can blow right down to a hazel grouse call

None of them touch the fox pro

what big cubs

There was a couple of half grown cubs that night

In 4 hours we seen 15 foxes some of them where cubs

Me and ratmanwan have had a few nights when we have had 8 with the fox pro

The chicken call don't half fetch um in

We've had them 10 yard away a few times with that caller

Best bit of kit ever

Ratmanwan is spot on with his hand calling

We've got just about every call you can blow right down to a hazel grouse call

None of them touch the fox pro

now you are full of shit show vt?

• Like 1

Not sure about the American callers. They're aimed at an American market and a lot of the calls don't necessarily work here.

Mouth, polystyrene on a tile are good because they are an actual noise, not a recording of one. I'll swear some foxes can tell if its recorded or not.

i agree with you that the american calls do not work over here and tenterfeild fox whistle does not do well either and as for ianm you cant beat your hand for calling takes a while to master how many have you shot with fox pro wildfire in one night ianm

I have shot 4 in one night with the foxpro but i am shooting areas that are not abundant with foxes. The last i shot came in to fox squalls then fox rally, i would be really interested to learn how to make these calls on the back of a hand.

Just looking at it there are very few voices and many are of US animals only eg wild turkey, coyote, timber wolf etc. There's a chance turkeys may work as UK turkey farms do lose birds, but once you get off the rabbits / turkeys, I'd be doubtful about the others.

That said, I've no experience of US animal calls and as foxes can be curious, they could just pull them in.

For my money though, I'd rather have something with hundreds of calls and that covers many UK species.