Foxes Preban

I like 2 for the price of 1.........catch dog + brawler should = one decent fox dog.....;-)

understand what you r saying but i would like agood night and not half a night which you would get with a single handed dog but each to there own :thumbs:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Theres my single handed fox dog only way to run a dog single handed dont get me wrong you dont get as much single but you atleast you no what you have in your pen

At one time I was obsessed with catching foxes, mainly on the lamp with dogs run from a vehicle, I lived for it and over the years I got to see some top class dogs work, catching them was always the e

The big man after a hard days work lol

Posted Images

I like 2 for the price of 1.........catch dog + brawler should = one decent fox dog.....;-)

understand what you r saying but i would like agood night and not half a night which you would get with a single handed dog but each to there own :thumbs:

not very sporting tho is it running two lurchers at a fox. is it not about testing one dog vs one fox.who gives fck bout n itaumbers if I had to run two dogs at one fox I wouldn't hunt. that's why it's all gone tits up too many shit heads worrying about numbers.

not very sporting tho is it running two lurchers at a fox. is it not about testing one dog vs one fox.who gives fck bout n itaumbers if I had to run two dogs at one fox I wouldn't hunt. that's why it's all gone tits up too many shit heads worrying about numbers.

and you are full of shit :whistling:

• Like 2

So your dog could only kill IF another dog was holding it?

no that is not what i am saying a good catch dog paired up you might not class it as single handed but they are worth there weight in gold when you are getting double figures ,before the ban had a couple of lads come up 2 hour drive and brought 2 dogs 1 a good catch dog and 1 a brawler in december the catch dog pulled 6 of them and the brawler caught 1 every time the catcher caught a fox it moved out of the road and the brawler finished it off seem like a good pair to me some people would say the catch dogs where shit i disagree even the brawler finished them off after the catch dog moved out of the road would you think that was single handed or doubled because the catch dog moved out of the road and the brawler finished them ?
If that's the type of thing your into Macky why not run a greyhound with a pitbull?? Something sounds a bit fishy about your posts you sounds as though you got more enjoyment from killing foxes than actually seeing decent dogs work if that's the case you should have got yourself a rifle you will kill thousands :(

Although we did used to run doubled up a fair bit, for me a dog had to be able to do it all on its lonesome or IMHO it wasn't worth feeding ;)

• Like 3

no that is not what i am saying a good catch dog paired up you might not class it as single handed but they are worth there weight in gold when you are getting double figures ,before the ban had a couple of lads come up 2 hour drive and brought 2 dogs 1 a good catch dog and 1 a brawler in december the catch dog pulled 6 of them and the brawler caught 1 every time the catcher caught a fox it moved out of the road and the brawler finished it off seem like a good pair to me some people would say the catch dogs where shit i disagree even the brawler finished them off after the catch dog moved out of the road would you think that was single handed or doubled because the catch dog moved out of the road and the brawler finished them ?
If that's the type of thing your into Macky why not run a greyhound with a pitbull?? Something sounds a bit fishy about your posts you sounds as though you got more enjoyment from killing foxes than actually seeing decent dogs work if that's the case you should have got yourself a rifle you will kill thousands :(

Although we did used to run doubled up a fair bit, for me a dog had to be able to do it all on its lonesome or IMHO it wasn't worth feeding ;)

?

yes but how many good catch dogs werent good dispatch dogs or vice versa but if paired up some made a decent team and im sure many good dispatch dogs wouldnt catch the same has a good catch dog or paired up and the numbers whether that be bunnies or teeth is how many lads judged testing there dogs

• Like 1

yes but how many good catch dogs werent good dispatch dogs or vice versa but if paired up some made a decent team and im sure many good dispatch dogs wouldnt catch the same has a good catch dog or paired up and the numbers whether that be bunnies or teeth is how many lads judged testing there dogs

Like I've said a dog should be judged on its own merits and not on how it performs in a team IMHO

• Like 3

Like I've said a dog should be judged on its own merits and not on how it performs in a team IMHO

exactly its a lurcher, a running dog, if it cant run or catch it aint a good lurcher. with us it was strted sometimes doubled up as a pup, just to learn its game them if it wasnt up to scratch, then its off to the promised land

• Like 2

This is all just based on different opinions.

To some a dog that catches well but struggles to finish the job is not worth feeding but to others its worth its weight in gold...and visa versa with a good killing dog that struggles to catch...

All this about being sporting when it comes to lamping foxes is bollocks, its about killing foxes...Don't tip toe around the fact...

• Like 4

exactly its a lurcher, a running dog, if it cant run or catch it aint a good lurcher. with us it was strted sometimes doubled up as a pup, just to learn its game them if it wasnt up to scratch, then its off to the promised land

no ones saying they cant run or catch but with the numbers game you got better numbers paired up and many of theses dogs were s/h but they couldnt .wouldnt of put away what they did if run s/.h and they were after numbers has a way of testing there dogs

no ones saying they cant run or catch but with the numbers game you got better numbers paired up and many of theses dogs were s/h but they couldnt .wouldnt of put away what they did if run s/.h and they were after numbers has a way of testing there dogs

i agree 2 powerful lurchers will end it quick, but ours had to earn their stripes by being solo at 1st, then some situations called for the odds to be upped when the farmer wants results, but thats just how we do it, everybody has their ways

Running two s/h dogs doubled up is worlds away from running a catch dog that would let go for another dog to kill, like I've said we done the majority of our running doubled up but the dogs were all capable of doing the job on their own when needed....

• Like 1

Done the numbers doubled up but always knew the dogs did them on their own as well ( well most of them) but here's a dilemma, your out lamping with your catch dog and kill dog then after a few runs the kill dog gets injured, what now? You gotta go home. That's why each dog should be capable of doing the job on its own

• Like 4

think of it this way,do you put two terriers to ground,NO so why two lurchers,you say big numbers,why people want to catch eight foxes in one night is beyond me (massgae ego/ive biggest dick).why do people want to wipe out a population in one nyt what you going to hunt next night,wipe out another area.sport for me is a single handed dog catching an killing one two maybe three foxes a night.running two dogs means they cant do it single hand so not proper fox dogs.jmo.i await the doublers excuses

• Like 2