Synthol... Give Your Head A Shake!

Or maybe try the smith machine for pressing,,,, and instead of lowering the bar down to your nipple area as in a normal press,,, you can try lowering the bar to your clavicle/ neck area,,, this forces your arms out at right angles,,, and gets a deep stretch....

But be careful,,, take some weight off,,,

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate it,,, the Mrs is moody for a whole week.........

We wont allow it in the gym it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with bodybuilding its like someone walking in the gym with shoes 7 sizes too big its needless,dangerous and plain embarrassing !!

You said it yourself bodybuilding is about size,symmetry,quality and function...............only somebody who has never grasped any understanding of working the body would destroy it in such a way....

Posted Images

You would think it would be the opposite but ive found that the older lifters get the more willing they are to use machines.......theres something very macho and aggressive about loading plates onto a barbell,letting out a bit of a war cry to get folks attention,having a spotter ( or 2 :whistling: ) and then smashing out some bench presses......but you start to lose all that energy as you get older and you focus your mind more on yourself than other people.......todays Smiths Machines are great but of course you do sacrifice working the old " stabilizer muscles " :laugh:

• Like 1

You would think it would be the opposite but ive found that the older lifters get the more willing they are to use machines.......theres something very macho and aggressive about loading plates onto a barbell,letting out a bit of a war cry to get folks attention,having a spotter ( or 2 :whistling: ) and then smashing out some bench presses......but you start to lose all that energy as you get older and you focus your mind more on yourself than other people.......todays Smiths Machines are great but of course you do sacrifice working the old " stabilizer muscles " :laugh:

you throw everything out of sync using machines imo

I've known a lot of people who've picked up random injuries just playing football at the weekend or trying to move a sofa who were at the time using machines in their strength training.

Gnasher what do you think of the stronglifts 5x5 for an all body routine?

I think its great.....but its not a bodybuilders routine.....all these different routines and exercises have there place its about mixing it up and not going stale in my opinion....bodybuilders hit plateaus where they have to try different things....going back to complete basics like 5 x 5 compounds is great if it stimulates muscle growth.....personally i think its unrealistic for seasoned lifters to be adding 5 lb to the bar per workout unless you start at a ridiculously low weight so it can kind of defeat the theory after a while......also for many seasoned lifters the size is there its just shaping/definition/condition thats needed which you wont get from compounds......but 5x5's have been around for ever and everybody does them to some extent so it obviously works and how can it not you are using the most basic form of progressive resistance :thumbs:

Pro hormones are just juice but in pill form, chemically changed by one molecule etc....after just to use tried and tested stuff imo but if your scared of a jab or two then fire away lol

Let's talk Deadlifts, I f***ing love em!

I'm tiny imo at the minute, 14 stone ish which is the smallest I'v been in a few years (purposely) but I can still comfortably deadlift 180kg even since I hurt my foot which set me back and know I could go up a fair bit too. Can't wait to get back from travelling and get stuck into heavy lifting and banging on size again....

Edited by j1985

Let's talk Deadlifts, I f***ing love em!

I'm tiny imo at the minute, 14 stone ish which is the smallest I'v been in a few years (purposely) but I can still comfortably deadlift 180kg even since I hurt my foot which set me back and know I could go up a fair bit too. Can't wait to get back from travelling and get stuck into heavy lifting and banging on size again....

Love dead lifts but not quite hitting 180kg yet, love squats as well hitting 198kg at min.