Synthol... Give Your Head A Shake!

Yeah gnash been going heavy as possible and feel like I'm jerkin using motion to get it up feel a much more lat work with a lighter weight but I feel it's too light to properly work the muscle

Honestly mate its far more beneficial to be going slightly too light than slightly too heavy......different movements for density/width of lats dont overlook the good old fashioned reverse grip pull up.......just dont be pulling up in a straight line as it will eat into your biceps.......hang,open up the rib cage,lean back slightly and up......your chin doesnt need to clear the bar just until you feel the lats contracted then fully back down to hang........its a very underestimated movement in my opinion.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate it,,, the Mrs is moody for a whole week.........

We wont allow it in the gym it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with bodybuilding its like someone walking in the gym with shoes 7 sizes too big its needless,dangerous and plain embarrassing !!

You said it yourself bodybuilding is about size,symmetry,quality and function...............only somebody who has never grasped any understanding of working the body would destroy it in such a way....

Posted Images

Funny you mention squatting every day,,I've always been each body part once maybe twice a week ,,,that's what I was taught,,,,but I watched a thing on telly a good while back,,,watching Olympic lifters training,,,feck me it seemed they did nowt but squat,,,sometimes two sessions a day,,,and some of them boys had huge legs

Iv always been off the same thinking, but have tried different methods and got mixed results. Started training my back loads a while back and it got huge quickly then for a while I started doing stuff all over 3 or more times a week almost randomly...with rowing machine sprints in between. I struggled to put on size but I got fit as f**k and looked real good too, had people asking what I was taking to get in such good shape and I was completely clean not even any supps or shakes.

My goal isn't to put on size by squatting daily, but my quads will definitly grow I'm going for definition which is what I miss most...I used to have great quads lol girls love a good set of quads, and seeing as I'm gonna spend 5 weeks in shorts very soon I'd rather they were looking on point haha

Yeah gnash been going heavy as possible and feel like I'm jerkin using motion to get it up feel a much more lat work with a lighter weight but I feel it's too light to properly work the muscle

Honestly mate its far more beneficial to be going slightly too light than slightly too heavy......different movements for density/width of lats dont overlook the good old fashioned reverse grip pull up.......just dont be pulling up in a straight line as it will eat into your biceps.......hang,open up the rib cage,lean back slightly and up......your chin doesnt need to clear the bar just until you feel the lats contracted then fully back down to hang........its a very underestimated movement in my opinion.

do you not think the 'elbows into your back pocket style pull ups are better?

certainly more difficult.'

Funny you mention squatting every day,,I've always been each body part once maybe twice a week ,,,that's what I was taught,,,,but I watched a thing on telly a good while back,,,watching Olympic lifters training,,,feck me it seemed they did nowt but squat,,,sometimes two sessions a day,,,and some of them boys had huge legs

Iv always been off the same thinking, but have tried different methods and got mixed results. Started training my back loads a while back and it got huge quickly then for a while I started doing stuff all over 3 or more times a week almost randomly...with rowing machine sprints in between. I struggled to put on size but I got fit as f**k and looked real good too, had people asking what I was taking to get in such good shape and I was completely clean not even any supps or shakes.

My goal isn't to put on size by squatting daily, but my quads will definitly grow I'm going for definition which is what I miss most...I used to have great quads lol girls love a good set of quads, and seeing as I'm gonna spend 5 weeks in shorts very soon I'd rather they were looking on point haha

The girls tend to look at my 12 inch penis when I'm in shorts tbh...

• Like 1

The girls tend to think im a 12 inch penis when I'm in shorts tbh...

:laugh:

do you not think the 'elbows into your back pocket style pull ups are better?

certainly more difficult.'

You are talking about a traditional overhand grip pull up though arent you.....i was on about a reverse grip......but yes most definately,the lats are a hard bodypart to form a good mind - muscle connection to we tend to naturally focus pulling resistance using our elbows rather than our hands which always seems to work the bicep too much.......i found concentrating on really driving the elbows down through the floor with no shoulder rotation rather than "pulling " your bodyweight upwards really forced the lats to do the work.

• Like 1

About to hit chest and shoulders , anybody recommend any chest exercises other than the usual pressing and fly fancy something different

Your going to have a job working your chest without doing any sort of pressing or flying movements.............cable crossovers ? angled dips ?....pretty much everything else is a variation of a press/flye

About to hit chest and shoulders , anybody recommend any chest exercises other than the usual pressing and fly fancy something different

Your going to have a job working your chest without doing any sort of pressing or flying movements.............cable crossovers ? angled dips ?....pretty much everything else is a variation of a press/flye

Sorry I worded it badly I always make sure I flat and incline bench first was looking for other accessorie exercises. Went with body weight dips and crossovers. I always start with a lower rep heavy compound just like trying to throw in diff isolation

Sorry I worded it badly I always make sure I flat and incline bench first was looking for other accessorie exercises. Went with body weight dips and crossovers. I always start with a lower rep heavy compound just like trying to throw in diff isolation

In terms of actually isolating your pecs as a muscle theres only a limited amount of movements you can do,its more about the kind of mind/muscle connection you can get and really concentrating on working your pecs rather than your shoulders and triceps......i dont know what level of lifter you are so it might not apply but i always liked to get a good understanding of what a particular muscle actually did,where it comes from,what its job is,the direction of the fibres and their insertion into the tendons etc.....the pec minor actually sits underneath the pec major,you cant see it and you cant isolate it because every action it performs is also performed by other muscles for instance downwards rotation is assited by the lats,depression by the traps etc etc yes you can emphasise lower chest with decline and upper with incline but theres still only a very limited range of motion you can use to work the pecs as a whole and they really only include the pressing and flying movements in general.

If you have access to a good Hammer strength machine some people find these hit the spot better than a traditional bench.....its plate loaded so no need to go all anti machine if your that way inclined :D but again its a variation......its just about finding movements that fit you.....correct form.....and good mind/muscle connection.

• Like 1