Numbers Caught

Not really bothered what other people say or do with there dogs if the owner lies about the dog and you go out with then the dog will make the owner look a c**t so i just get on with what i do and that's enjoying working my dogs

Yeah totally agree

I keep track just to see how seasons differ and progress a dog has made or potentially lack off

If that makes sense

I loose count after 3000 .......

that's some rabbits Ken :thumbs: I found the numbers are down to say 12 years ago, but suppose if you travel all over you will get them. I norm count few catches with young dog, Buck over the ton from last dec was happy with that. But norm with Bryn when I take him now don't really bother as long he gets few lol

Just put the number and dogs name on calander.Any ferreted are put down to ferrets even if dog catches it.Any shot this time of year dont count.

Find it handy to keep track how many nights a dogs running a week or when a certain dog needs a run.

• Like 1

I used to keep a diary for each individual lurcher,after every outing I would meticulously record the date,location,weather,time and even the company on each occasion,plus the night or days tally.At the end of the season I would spend hours upon hours formulating charts and graphs on each individual,comparing notes on time, location,weather etc. and how that equated to the numbers caught and by who.After 15 years and the spare room cluttered with shelving burdened under the weight of my magnificent endeavour,i realised most of the pages were blank.

• Like 7

I used to keep a diary for each individual lurcher,after every outing I would meticulously record the date,location,weather,time and even the company on each occasion,plus the night or days tally.At the end of the season I would spend hours upon hours formulating charts and graphs on each individual,comparing notes on time, location,weather etc. and how that equated to the numbers caught and by who.After 15 years and the spare room cluttered with shelving burdened under the weight of my magnificent endeavour,i realised most of the pages were blank.

:laugh::laugh:

Lol nice one

ive kept a count and hits all down in writeing and on pic,s/// off snipe and ern//, from day one,,,, hit.s good thing and hit can be a bad thing this depends on the hunter,,,, theres bin times were you try and beat numbers from the previous years,,,,, and when you dont you kind of feel you have add a bad season,,,,,, hits some think in my life i want to change,,,,,i will keep a tally when i start this season,,, good or bad im going to take hit has hit come.s,,,,,

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 1

ive never fort a dog , whats gets the most on paper or pic,s makes hit the best one,,,,,there,s things deep down between man and dog in the feild,what makes a bond we have with them in there life time we spend with them,,,

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 2

I must admit I never classed the best catch dog on paper to nessarily be the best dog to you ( altho its not to like a good un).... Some dogs are your mates other's just never seem to not get as close.... I myself would rather have something I get on with that catches half as much as something that catches more but not on my wave lenght, I like my dog's more than most people tbh

• Like 4