Are We Our Own Worst Enemies?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After putting a post up inc photos of a couple of bass I caught on the fishing section, It was pointed out that they looked under size ( they weren't which I showed by putting a tape beside them) ph

You know when I said about you coming down for a day on the boat..... I've had a rethink on that one mate!! lol

I tell you one thing. If i'm ever lucky enough to catch a Barbel. There's gonna be a photo posted no matter how fu*king small it is.................   :laugh:

There's some knowledgable folk on here Jai, it's picking who listen to and who you ignore..

I love getting shown new things, even when you've done something for years theres always another way that might be better...

I've constantly got the otter in my ear asking advice at the minute... Scared he is lol...

• Like 3
NEWKID, on 22 Jun 2014 - 4:03 PM, said:

RubyTex, on 22 Jun 2014 - 2:39 PM, said:

Kev when's the best time / conditions to go fishing for bass ?

Last year on the mackerel something large went thundering through the water and smashed my lure...bass?

Big hook with a live mackerel on, bass will have it...

Early morning or late evening best times, different tides for different places.. But generally they like a bit of tide flow... Late summer best for the big ones normally ( yet to have a real big one though, this year I will lol)

Probably was a bass mate.......

Or like socks said... A shark

Cheers mate. Will try and get out and have a go, I've seen a few catch reports from the beach I take the dogs with people pulling in decent bass so we'll see.

I do like fishing but just about every time I go it turns into a calamity. I've smashed a rod off the sea wall (d'oh), had a rod pulled in by something, well hooked my finger, slipped over on the rocks, sliced my ankle open climbing over a gate...

Jesus, when I put it like that...I've got some fishing stuff for sale lol

• Like 5

Last year on the mackerel something large went thundering through the water and smashed my lure...bass?

Early morning or late evening best times, different tides for different places.. But generally they like a bit of tide flow... Late summer best for the big ones normally ( yet to have a real big one though, this year I will lol)

Cheers mate. Will try and get out and have a go, I've seen a few catch reports from the beach I take the dogs with people pulling in decent bass so we'll see.

I do like fishing but just about every time I go it turns into a calamity. I've smashed a rod off the sea wall (d'oh), had a rod pulled in by something, well hooked my finger, slipped over on the rocks, sliced my ankle open climbing over a gate...

You know when I said about you coming down for a day on the boat.....

I've had a rethink on that one mate!! lol

• Like 8
NEWKID, on 22 Jun 2014 - 4:43 PM, said:

RubyTex, on 22 Jun 2014 - 4:41 PM, said:

If you don't mind being rescued by the RNLI then i'll come down mate :D

you could give kev some advice on the tide -----like when its in or out :whistling:

• Like 1

Why would Kev need rescuing he ain't jumping in after you mind. :D

• Like 1

welcome too the 20th century, full of ignorance , nosey , thick coonts who have more interest in what everyone else is doing instead of there selfs , I call them hypicrtical w@nkers ,........cant say nothing too your face , got too go too authorities or talk behind your back ............ a lot of it is just petty time wasters , what a beautiful afternoon it is..........

Maybe that could be a idea for the next THL meet up a sea fishing excursion on a few chartered boats.

• Like 4

I will do my best to point you in the direction of one keV if and when you manage to fit a trip over here into your schedule. Are you having a go in Guernsey.

I will do my best to point you in the direction of one keV if and when you manage to fit a trip over here into your schedule. Are you having a go in Guernsey.

I'll be down Bry, definitely.. It'll be September time I reckon ( the biggies should be in then)..

I'll be fishing a fair bit in Guernsey, going for 2 weeks this year, wife's cousin who we stay with, has kayaks so we'll fish off them plus his mate took us out on his boat last year, and has said he will again.... Can't wait tbh, we were catching big wrasse on live eels, plus pollack and mackerel.. The bass eluded us.. They won't this year lol