Which Pcp To Get Under £500

Ok so im looking to buy a 2nd hand pcp hopefully with a scope if not just gun and i have a maximum of £500, what would you recommend to buy? Also had a go with my mates springer and hes got hawke scope nite-eye 3 9 40 but when you zoom in it seems to go very blurry so it means you cant zoom in much so the target is very small? Why is this? And what scope would you recommend?

Edited by Liamb2324

I had the same focus problem on my Hawke HD 3-9x40 scopes for short range work. The targets were blurry at 30 yards so I unscrewed the front ring and re-focused the objective lens until I was happy with the result. I believe they are focused for 60 yards when new, which is further than I need for air rifle use.

Perhaps someone else knows of a scope with an adjustable objective that would do the same.

Have a look in for sale at my s200 full set it's just what you need mate it's light powerful spot on for target shooting this little gun will mix with the best there is and probably upset all the big guns, hunting well it's short very light and it takes down rabbits 50 + yrds easy

ATB mark

BSA Ultra and Scorpion, Air Arms (AA) S200 and maybe a S400 if you're a savvy shopper. All good rifles, British made too and good customer support teams as I've heard.

I mainly look at British rifles, personally. Only due to if there's any hiccups, they're sent locally (as to Germany, USA or otherwise with other brands) and should receive them back sooner too- not that I hope anything should happen as these are quality rifles for the prices but on the off chance.....

Well worth heading down to your local air rifle dealer and giving everything a try from spring piston rifles, gas rams and PCPs.

White

The scope is blurry because of the parallax, if buying one that you don't want to do that get an adjustable parallax scope. Sometimes labeled as AO scopes. Webley raiders are looking good for a pcp. In my view though, you should do what Si Pittaway did and get a SFS Imp, it's just as accurate as a pcp but you don't need the air bottle. Have a look, you might be surprised!

97 mate. It's gonna ruffle some feather here but a real tuned one, like with its bollox tuned off will out shoot an imp, shooter influenced of course. Hold um, get to shoot the both. The imp is lighter and probably a better field rifle though.

Owning a 97kt, I would highly recommend one. Shot a perfect round with it last night at the hft course. Smile = ear to ear.

Either will be so sound.

Edited by Rez
  • Like 2

97 mate. It's gonna ruffle some feather here but a real tuned one, like with its bollox tuned off will out shoot an imp, shooter influenced of course. Hold um, get to shoot the both. The imp is lighter and probably a better field rifle though.

Owning a 97kt, I would highly recommend one. Shot a perfect round with it last night at the hft course. Smile = ear to ear.

Either will be so sound.

After shooting an Imp last week I have to disagree about a HW97 out shooting a Imp, tuned or not to the max. Match yes, out shoot definitely not. Its as you say shooter dependant and a good shot with an Imp would slaughter a average shot with a 97 and vica versa. The Imp may well seem a light rifle and some with little or no experience would think its going to be bouncy, hard to hold on target like a 95 say but that's not the case with a the Imp from my trying of it. It sits on aim nicely, is EXTREMELY accurate and would in my opinion give a lot of pcp shooters a run for their money if in a capable shooters hands.

Edited by Tanican
  • Like 1