Waterproof Bottoms

Looking into getting some decent bottoms for out mooching/lamping. Don't want em too thick as to roast me bits but need to be sturdy. Don't want the type that rustle like fcukery either. Will just be used for walking mainly and the worst they'll see is brambles on occasion. Any idea's folks would be much appreciated. Aswell as links to said items. Thanks all.

Looking into getting some decent bottoms for out mooching/lamping. Don't want em too thick as to roast me bits but need to be sturdy. Don't want the type that rustle like fcukery either. Will just be used for walking mainly and the worst they'll see is brambles on occasion. Any idea's folks would be much appreciated. Aswell as links to said items. Thanks all.

I was thinking the same me self , something similar as what you after,? what good brands are out there, deerhunter are to warm+heavy , army stuff are light +quiet but not water proof . and don't want to pay over the top as they get ripped on bw/f etc ... just decent price .

There's not much out there that's waterproof and durable , which is also lightweight and quiet to walk in . Some times I wear lightweight waterproof fell running over trouser underneath a pair of old style british army lightweights .

look at makes like deerhunter, seeland, harkilla etc for silent, waterproof, breathable trousers.. there loads of makers, i get a good season at least from a pair, and for comfort in shitty weather they are worth the money. i got some with leather front that were fairly tough, they done 2 seasons lol

They were a bit like that, but with thick leather from the bottom of the leg up to above the knee. They are still serving me well, and that is unusual maybe I have been too kind on these as they look smart too lol

Edit to add... looked more like this but with leather instead of canvass or whatever, I guess they dont make them anymore haha

http://www.seelanduk.co.uk/products/seeland-products/trousers/exeter-trouser-2.html

Edited by dogs-n-natives

What about trying a pair of wax leggings or overtrousers. The benefits of wearing leggings is that you get the protection on your legs but freedom in the 'bum' area! Wax is tough and waterproof and great for walking through tough terrain. Wax over trousers may be a bit hot, but the leggings are great for clipping on to your belt, plus they are easy to put on and pull off!

• Like 1

What about trying a pair of wax leggings or overtrousers. The benefits of wearing leggings is that you get the protection on your legs but freedom in the 'bum' area! Wax is tough and waterproof and great for walking through tough terrain. Wax over trousers may be a bit hot, but the leggings are great for clipping on to your belt, plus they are easy to put on and pull off!

Aye wax cotton is ok, great for wading through brambles... but they wont hold out water for a day, not up here, they kind of smell too. But like you say if having your bum free is a bonus then... whatever floats your boat Colin thats all im saying haha

castle combat bushman trousers , knee pad pockets for when ferreting reinforced condura on knees crutch pockets etc ,i wore a pair for a year and hammered them so pleased with them bought 2 more pairs :yes: swear by them and not too hot in summer

waterproof?