Pups First Night On The Lamp...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gaz,..you are a young man with your entire life ahead of you,.so, a wee bit of advice...   Pay no heed, to folk who tell you what you should be doing....it is your life , not theirs... I've survi

Took the pup out for a look on the lamp tonight with my mate Jim (TJones on here).   She is just coming 11 months old and hasn't seen the lamp before. She's had a handful of daytime rabbits, mostly

Personaly,...I think it up to the man who owns the dog,.. to call the shots...   Looking back through my diaries of the 1970s/1980s ,..we were running scores of rabbits,..often with real young lurc

Good early experience is vital to any pup. Be it may or sept either way you achieved what you set out to , maybe put a few niggling issues to bed also..? And a different outlook to your bitch...

Either way fair play to the young un, even if its not everyone's way...

• Like 1

Good early experience is vital to any pup. Be it may or sept either way you achieved what you set out to , maybe put a few niggling issues to bed also..? And a different outlook to your bitch...

That just about sums it up mate :thumbs:

That just about sums it up mate :thumbs: I WILL 2ND THAT,,, HE ADD A HOURS TRAVEL TO ME AND THEN 3 HOURS TRAVEL TO THE PLACE, AND THE SAME BACK,,,,SOME YOUNG Lads are pissed up drugged up,,,, on a fridaty nite,,,,,, he got 1 he put into hit, a good result :toast:

Edited by tjones3862

Bang on with that.. :victory: and what a load of folk don't understand there is no close season on rabbit when the farmer's want rid of them..

Bang on with that.. :victory: and what a load of folk don't understand there is no close season on rabbit when the farmer's want rid of them..

I didn't go for pest control and wont use that as an excuse. BUT...

Just had a bloke on another site giving me grief for "killing our own sport". I could understand his argument locally where you are lucky to get 2-3 runs on a good night. But this place was riddled with rabbits, you could take 50-100 and it wouldn't be enough for the farmer.

And fair play for calling a spade a spade. Straight up no bullshit you done it to start the pup off on the greenest most abundant place you could. And fair play to the other fellah for showing the young un a bit aalso

Just had a bloke on another site giving me grief for "killing our own sport".

I could understand his argument locally where you are lucky to get 2-3 runs on a good night. But this place was riddled with rabbits, you could take 50-100 and it wouldn't be enough for the farmer.

Gaz,..you are a young man with your entire life ahead of you,.so, a wee bit of advice... :laugh:

Pay no heed, to folk who tell you what you should be doing....it is your life , not theirs...

I've survived a long time,.mostly against the odds,....and I do, what I want to do,..feck anyone else...

So,.start as you mean to go on ..

NEVER justify yourself to strangers with jealousy issues,....just keep your true friends close,.. and feck what anyone else thinks....Forget them,.there is no profit in pacifying feckwits....trust me, I know... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 16

Gaz,..you are a young man with your entire life ahead of you,.so, a wee bit of advice... :laugh:

Pay no heed, to folk who tell you what you should be doing....it is your life , not theirs...

I've survived a long time,.mostly against the odds,....and I do, what I want to do,..feck anyone else...

NEVER justify yourself to strangers with jealousy issues,....just keep your true friends close,.. and feck what anyone else thinks....Forget them,.there is no profit in pacifying feckwits....trust me, I know... :thumbs:

I have no likes but a BIG 3 thumb's up from me on that post.. :victory: :victory: :victory: .. i have learned slowly may it be.. :D ...never take anything serious on the internet ...if you are happy that is all that matter.. :yes:;)

• Like 2

I could understand his argument locally where you are lucky to get 2-3 runs on a good night. But this place was riddled with rabbits, you could take 50-100 and it wouldn't be enough for the farmer.

IMG_5122_edited-2.jpg

Excellent post......... :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by Saluki246

IMG_5122_edited-2.jpg

Brilliant post again Phil. Thanks. And nice photo.

• Like 1