• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No wasps as yet, but caught up about seven swarms so far, all really good size and healthy, we have filled all our hives so now need to go and buy a few more.

join thee club! I'm beginning to think this being a pest controller wont make me the quick buck I thought it would   what can I set up as next?

The majority of the bumble bees that people will call about are not white tail bumbles, but tree bumbles (Bombus Hypnorum) they are about half the size of a white tail (they also have a white tail) bu

Have been getting around 20 calls a day for bees, iv saved most either through education or moving them. Only had 2 swarms of honey bees, one of which was the biggest we have ever seen, think we got the queen and they seem healthy so fingers crossed they will be in my first hive!

Not had any wasps yet but iv never seen as many queens, iv saved dozens this year and released them! my mates done 2 nests but only tiny with not much more than the queen active in them.

Have been getting around 20 calls a day for bees, iv saved most either through education or moving them. Only had 2 swarms of honey bees, one of which was the biggest we have ever seen, think we got the queen and they seem healthy so fingers crossed they will be in my first hive!

Not had any wasps yet but iv never seen as many queens, iv saved dozens this year and released them! my mates done 2 nests but only tiny with not much more than the queen active in them.

Was told by a bee keeper that a honey bee swarm is worth £150!. Might be worth trying to sell them on.

do you need qualifications to do wasps etc? only wondering cause a guy was talking about doing it the other day and said you didn't need them but I wasn't sure.

I thought you had to quote your name and BPCA number to suppliers of chemicals that killed wasps like Ficam 'D'. That way only people that know what they are doing get their hands on the 'good stuff'.

Was told by a bee keeper that a honey bee swarm is worth £150!. Might be worth trying to sell them on.

I have sold em for £70 but to be honest I normally just pass em on to bee keepers and let them catch em.

• 1 month later...

still not had many wasp calls.....getting worried now

Same here :yes:

Dead as a clat.....

BUT.......... as I said to Mr Wasp the other day; it's still early. Years ago it didn't kick off until at least mid July :thumbs:

Got my fingers crossed here as the moles have gone quiet and I've got some serious bills to pay.

still not had many wasp calls.....getting worried now

Same here :yes:

Dead as a clat.....

BUT.......... as I said to Mr Wasp the other day; it's still early. Years ago it didn't kick off until at least mid July :thumbs:

Got my fingers crossed here as the moles have gone quiet and I've got some serious bills to pay.

Starting to warm up here now, had a false start early on, in fact this year i did my earliest ever nest at the beginning of march. Bumble bee calls have been off the scale, but they have stopped now and we got bonifide wasps calling.

Catch you in november ?

image.jpg

I've done 14 so far, I dont know how busy I will be this year as someone in the local paper is charging £20 guaranteed 7 days a week, so we will see!

And that, is part of the problem :no:

Too many people, chasing too little work, and undervaluing themselves to get the work.

Charge a fair price to do a good job, but when jokers like this come along it makes fools of us all. :yes: