Weasel's I Think Lol

Went for good old mooch yesterday , as the wife had her mates over for chat+dinner , so went out for near enough 3 hours . when walking down lane to cross road to next fields seen 2 Weasel's I think they were lol. They were small and dark in colour, running around bottom of the edges , I thought they were playing with each other at 1st.But looked again and looked like scenting around the berrys, maybe there were looking for rabbits, thought you wont get much there as not that many rabbits around there really. Didn't have me camera , but couldn't of took any pics, anyway .As i was struggling to hold Buck back , the twat dragged near enough 10ft to get at them.lol Bryn wasn't to bad just jumped up+down couple times.lol Buck had a squirrel the other week, don't know if he thought these were the same, but he was going fookin mad :laugh: , didn't want him to get at them, as its nice to see bit of wildlife when your out.And never seen theses things before, so nice to see it :thumbs:

its nice when a stoat or weasel pops up infront of you,me and my mates were fishing not far from that show ray in broxton and on the far bank was what we thought was a stoat by a tree stump,so we carried on watching till it come into view properly anyway it crossed a grass path and onto an embankment full of ferns thats when we heard squeals.the stoat then emerged with a baby rabbit and stood on the path with it in its mouth half dragging to the tree stump we watch this repeat itself 5 times and never had a camera

always the case when you dont have a camera ray i know keepers wont argree but i have watched some good hunts with theses deadly little predators over the years taking rabbits and mice and there amazing little hunters with some stamina for there size its always nice to see and watch them hunt

Edited by blackmaggie

its nice when a stoat or weasel pops up infront of you,me and my mates were fishing not far from that show ray in broxton and on the far bank was what we thought was a stoat by a tree stump,so we carried on watching till it come into view properly anyway it crossed a grass path and onto an embankment full of ferns thats when we heard squeals.the stoat then emerged with a baby rabbit and stood on the path with it in its mouth half dragging to the tree stump we watch this repeat itself 5 times and never had a camera

yeh its great to see it mate :thumbs: , I never seen them before . Since Buck had that tree rat, and that bloody cat the other week , I swear he looking for things like this, he think's he on a mission or something :laugh:

always the case when you dont have a camera ray i know keepers wont argree but i have watched some good hunts with theses deadly little predators over the years taking rabbits and mice and there amazing little hunters with some stamina for there size its always nice to see and watch them hunt

true that :thumbs: prob as you say they prob be shot by a keeper sooner or latter, but was nice to see bit of nature , even if I was dragged 10 ft to see it lol

• Like 1

I love stoats & weasels......had some great encounters with stoats, twice come across stoats fighting, so engrossed were they, I got within a few feet. The harris hawk I had, got hold of quite a few, but only managed to keep hold of one.....so tough!

Hello Ray, I was at my brothers farm about 10 yrs ago killing a few rabbits until dark, the dogs caught a few and I was carrying a couple in my hand by their back legs, as I got back to my van my brother came out as I put the dogs in, we were stood chatting for 5 minutes when I could feel something tugging at the rabbits in the half light, I said to my brother look down at my hand and see whats tugging, to our surprise it was a cheeky stoat after a free meal, for a wild animal it was unusual, I cut the heads off the rabbits and we sat and watched it take them into a woodpile were it had babies, I was also lucky enough to see a stoat hunt up a rabbit in the Grampians 20 odd yrs ago now, the stoat ran it up and down just like a whippet would,turning one way then the other,after a couple of hundred yds the stoat got a neck hold and it was all over, but what an athlete, I think they're superb little things, atb, WM

Seen a stoat twice daylight in full flight behind a rabbit...

Stoat hit the rabbit and then the dog got the pair off them,but jibbed on the stoat :icon_redface::laugh::laugh:

They can shift for the size of them..

I aint ever seen a weasel..

I've got a stuffed weasel that a mate did for my 21st birthday, (many years back :icon_redface: )

and my dogs had this stoat about 5 years ago.

See a "troupe" of weasels crossing the road near me occasionally, but otherwise see very few.

Love 'em, great predators but the keepers don't. :whistling:

Cheers, D.

post-10409-0-39015100-1400007853_thumb.jpg

Hello Ray, I was at my brothers farm about 10 yrs ago killing a few rabbits until dark, the dogs caught a few and I was carrying a couple in my hand by their back legs, as I got back to my van my brother came out as I put the dogs in, we were stood chatting for 5 minutes when I could feel something tugging at the rabbits in the half light, I said to my brother look down at my hand and see whats tugging, to our surprise it was a cheeky stoat after a free meal, for a wild animal it was unusual, I cut the heads off the rabbits and we sat and watched it take them into a woodpile were it had babies, I was also lucky enough to see a stoat hunt up a rabbit in the Grampians 20 odd yrs ago now, the stoat ran it up and down just like a whippet would,turning one way then the other,after a couple of hundred yds the stoat got a neck hold and it was all over, but what an athlete, I think they're superb little things, atb, WM

yeh superb little hunters, kill a rabbit dead quick, what ive seen on the box, so it was great seeing them in the flesh :yes: