Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images

hes a lump but other xs also do the job so you can only try time will tell

our mate had a collie spaniel x lakeland staff she was a super dog to have around with you for everything

but had no coat so took some stick sore the next day after bushing /ferreting eyes ears skin work so hard :thumbs:

hes a lump but other xs also do the job so you can only try time will tell

our mate had a collie spaniel x lakeland staff she was a super dog to have around with you for everything

but had no coat so took some stick sore the next day after bushing /ferreting eyes ears skin work so hard :thumbs:

We reckon he will do a job mate. Will stick up a few posts over winter so people can see how he's getting on.

He might take some hammer off the bramble but saying that my Plummer takes some stick after a few hours in the tight bramble but never seems to phase her.

FB2433A9-8AA4-45A1-87AB-AF3C6262076C_zps

• Like 2

The tips of the ears always seems to be where my bitch takes some stick as well. Once they start shaking their head a few times it gets all over the place but usually looks worse than it really is. This bitch of mine is my first busher so I've got nothing to compare her to, but I would imagine that even something with a good thick coat would still rip the ear tips as the skin there's so soft and thin. What do you guys with spaniel and wirehaired types find?

• Like 1

Summer bushing also harder stamina wise as the temperature's so much higher. If I'm doing garden rabbiting jobs in the summer I have to make sure I stop regularly to let the busher cool down - if I didn't force her to stop she'd just keep going regardless and be in real danger of overheating.

• Like 2

My dogs got a really thick coat and skin he's like a badger lol he used to get marked up when he was younger but I think his ears have toughened up there's was a wasp sitting on his neck other day Trying to sting him but it couldn't brake threwpost-103588-0-30938400-1471873480_thumb.jpg

Edited by 100% bull x
  • Like 5