F***ing People ....!

I agree with you totally Phil.

As you know glue boards have to be inspected at least every 12 hours (NPTA code of Practice - I am a member!), which mitigates to a certain degree, the length of time the unfortunate animal is waiting for the coup de grace.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fully understand your predicament Stephen,..I was a Commercial Pester for many, many years....   Obviously,..in Hospital Wards, food preparation areas..and similar high risk locations,...the roden

In Eire, under the Wildlife Act 1976 (Approved Traps, Snares and Nets) only traps designed to be 'humane' and cause instant death or irreversible unconsciousness are allowed to be imported, sold or de

First saw sticky boards in France,...several dying mice were attached to the boards by their faces,..poor wee feckers looking up at me with bulging dark eyes,..a totaly fecking horrendous and perverte

As you know glue boards have to be inspected at least every 12 hours (NPTA code of Practice - I am a member!), which mitigates to a certain degree, the length of time the unfortunate animal is waiting for the coup de grace.

Is that 12 hour check a legal stipulation or just a 'guideline'?

Is that 12 hour check a legal stipulation or just a 'guideline'?

Guidelines

Not just 'guidelines' but 'Best Practice Guidelines'.

What difference does it make? Well, if someone is trying to prove negligence it helps them greatly in court if they can show that your actions were not in line with the accepted best practice.

You see, this is the problem.

Organisations worry that unless they produce their own guidelines, someone else, often less sympathetic will do it and they'll then be lumbered with finding a way to make it fit in with normal working practice.

Personally, I think they often make a rod for their (our) own backs by trying to be 'seen' to be doing what is best.

You can't negotiate with animal rights idiots. They want all killing stopped, and realise that the most effective way of achieving their aims is to kill by a thousand cuts.

Oh, and there is a huge difference in welfare terms between a snared animal and one caught on a glue board. I fecking hate the things, but I realise there is a place for them in the tool box of any skilled professional; especially those working in the metropolitan areas like London and Birmingham where it is the devils own job to get mice to go near baits.

It just seems wrong to me that you can't buy a large bottle of Roundup unless you are PA1/PA6 qualified (and can prove it), but you can wander into your nearest poundland and buy glue boards for next to nowt.

As said, 12 hours is a best practice guide, but I am sure the legal minimum is every 24 hours - same as any other type of live catch traps.

And Matt, yes I have PA1/PA6 but have purchased lots of weedy stuff without ever having to prove it. I went onto a onine pest control supplier the other day and one of those little windows popped up with someone ready to answer my questions. Being a bit naughty I asked if I could buy some professional use Brodifacoum sachet for use at home. No issues, says the little window, I just need to confirm that a professional will be using it for me... :huh:

Phone rings ..... " Hello? Is that the pest control? "

Yes. It is.

" Listen; Can ye get me that stuff the mice stick to? "

No, sir. That shit's illegal, in this country now.

" Can ye not get me some though? "

No, mate. It's been illegal for years now. It's f**king barbaric anyway. These days, we have far better traps.

" Traps? "

Yes. Mouse traps. In little boxes. Nothing else can get at them. Children can't. Pets can't. Unintended wild creatures can't.

They're great! Catch a mouse? Little yellow bar disappears and tells ye ye've got one. I can put ye onto those ....?

" But, ye can't get me that sticky stuff ....? "

(FFFS!!!) No, mate! That's like asking me if I can get ye some f**king Strychnine! It's Illegal!!!

" Oh. Alright then. Bye. "

:censored:

bet your life who ever rang you up didn't want a tin of tackto to catch rats

This stuff gets used in place of the old bird lime get a bit on a stick put it round the tops of the plant

The target birds are feeding on the little birds stick to it

This is why it's not sold any longer

There's this stuff called 'Smack'. People melt it, in a spoon. Syringe it up through a bit of cotton wool and inject it into their veins.

Guess what? I'd be equally f**king pissed off if some idiot rang me asking for smack.

Once I'd pointed out it was illegal? 'Oh! Sorry. I didn't realise that. Goodbye.' Would have done.

But, to then, Twice More, probe my f**king integrity?! :censored: