Hare Coursing

The type of offence you have been accused of committing will dictate what court you are to be tried in, and can determine the type of sentence you might expect to receive from the court if convicted of the offence.

A “Summary Only” offence can only be dealt with in the Magistrates Court.

An “Either Way” offence can either be dealt with in the Magistrates Court or the Crown Court, depending upon the particular circumstances of the case. If you are charged with an “either way” offence, you can “elect” to be tried before a Judge and Jury at the Crown Cour

An “Indictable Only” offence can only be dealt with at the Crown Court. Your case will be transferred to the Crown Court and will be listed for a “Preliminary Hearing” at which time a Judge will give further Directions about how your case is to proceed.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes they can, and yes they do....

c**ts mob handed killing them... What's wrong with sneaking on,one man one dog quick gallop and away.

Deny eveything admit nothing

ive already put it can be commited to crown or the bench are the jury in madj and just because in crown doesnt mean the sentence be any different

Mate, you're dreaming if you think the sentence is no different in "Crown",it takes nearly 12 months to get to Crown court and is a long process involving many appearances in "Mags" to extend bail and conditions, if found guilty after wasting all that time and money they will give you the maximum allowed on the statute books, I have read your posts and if these are the limits of your replies when or if it goes to court you defo need a good solicitor, your case is not serious enough to be heard in Crown and will be heard in a Mags court although in my experience there would be no case to answer if the posts are an accurate account of the charges. what you have to realise is that they ( police and CPS) don't care about getting a guilty its about making you sweat for as long as possible, the court process and waiting, bail, etc, is all part of your punishment in order to deter you in the future. I have been to County, Mags, and Crown many times for all sorts of charges so do have some idea of the events in them all, only a barrister can address the judge of a crown court which is an expensive process, my last charge was one of "attempted murder" a good time ago now and my barrister was charging 5,000 pound an hour, a good solicitor or barrister is the only way of getting a fair hearing in any of them, if your case is going to be heard you will receive a copy of all the evidence against you in order to build a defence, each time your case is deferred it costs money, somebody has to pay for that time and so make sure its not you by good preparation. Good luck and get better advice than on here, WM

if you read it properly we was on about getting a proper jury as there is no evidence and if they still was going to proceed with it id rather it went to a propper trail in crown than a mikey mouse trial in madj and all firms have soliciters and barristers and yes you will get your deps before trail and as for payment you shouldnt incur any costs if a not guilty or dismissal if the outcome

I like how you say we enjoy watching our quarry as much as hunting them. It is not understood how much most hunters love their quarry and the land they are part of. Keep the love hunters and things will change for our benefit!

spot on, hunters are some of the best naturalists going, have to be to do what we do