Hare Coursing

Adjourned through lack of evidence ? doesnt sound right. If lack of evidence then surely the CPS would not run with the case

It's happened to me twice. I couldn't work out why CPS will let a case go to court with no evidence pack. But they seem to.

no doing well gaz caught twice in the couple of years youve been hunting lol

We went in gave our names and pleaded not guilty they then said can we have more time for evidence got to go back on the 30th you don't get a duty solicited for hare coursing you ether supply your own or go it alone we didn't bother with one.

just ring a good firm up round your way mate n get legal aid or get it paid for thats probly why it was allowed to be adjourned till then

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes they can, and yes they do....

c**ts mob handed killing them... What's wrong with sneaking on,one man one dog quick gallop and away.

Deny eveything admit nothing

Adjourned through lack of evidence ? doesnt sound right. If lack of evidence then surely the CPS would not run with the case

It's happened to me twice. I couldn't work out why CPS will let a case go to court with no evidence pack. But they seem to.

Law of averages mate if you're out there doing a bit :laugh:

no evidence crnt belive the cps went forward with it wasting more tax payers money but its the police officer that goes up and takes it to the cps in the station so maybe its one of his pals or summat

CPS in the station?

ye cps in the station who do you think comes back with the charge if not bang to rights ?
There was no CPS at the station we were taken to. Although the station was closed. They only opened it to interview us. Information was sent off to CPS and we received the summons later on.

We weren't charged on the night.

Seems they've all got their own ideas.

We went in gave our names and pleaded not guilty they then said can we have more time for evidence got to go back on the 30th you don't get a duty solicited for hare coursing you ether supply your own or go it alone we didn't bother with one.

elect to be tried by jury next time yer up.they wont go ahead..then claim for damages.

just your luck mate been caught twice myself with the police once and keepers second time. Got away with more years ago not so many do gooders and no mobiles no bad for 30 odd years

elect to be tried by jury next time yer up.they wont go ahead..then claim for damages.

I would guess that its a summary offence rather than "either way" or "indictable" so that's not an option.....

just your luck mate been caught twice myself with the police once and keepers second time. Got away with more years ago not so many do gooders and no mobiles no bad for 30 odd years

It's completely different nowadays. I know old boys who've done their 30 years lamping and packed it in now. The only hassle they ever had was the odd argument with a keeper.

Nowadays you can get stopped by old bill for walking a lurcher down the street. I don't do much lamping locally to me because of the myther. You will get pulled over for having a lurcher in the boot after dark around here. No being careful can help you out of that one.

I would guess that its a summary offence rather than "either way" or "indictable" so that's not an option.....

you can go for jury for any criminal offence.they dont like you running the bill up.lol

you can go for jury for any criminal offence.they dont like you running the bill up.lol

Might be different in Ireland but in England you only get the choice of a jury trial if you are charged with an "either way" offence such as ABH, Indictable offences are only dealt with at crown such as GBH, Summary offences are only dealt with at magistrates such as driving offences or petty crime.

Also if it was an either way offence I'm sure you get legal aid for a solicitor...

Might be different in Ireland but in England you only get the choice of a jury trial if you are charged with an "either way" offence such as ABH, Indictable offences are only dealt with at crown such as GBH, Summary offences are only dealt with at magistrates such as driving offences or petty crime.

Also if it was an either way offence I'm sure you get legal aid for a solicitor...

you can ask for it to be commited to crown and with a not guilty plea you would have to have a trial be it the bench in mag or jury in crown

What evidence is needed to be convicted of hare coursing? Anyone know

This is a quote from the CPS website...

There must be some form of evidence adduced to prove that there was an actual pursuit of a wild mammal. This may be obtained and supported by eye-witness accounts of the activity, video evidence or evidence of preparatory activity such as earth stopping; that is the practice of blocking fox, rabbit, badger holes to prevent a fox going to ground

So by what it says in the quote, for a conviction there has to be eye witnesses or video evidence....

I think this is a summary only offence (section 1), so you would look silly asking for it to be heard by a jury....

And because you don't have a solicitor the Prosecutor might ask to speak directly to you in private to "plea bargain" and lessen the charge to "trespass in pursuit of game"...If they do obviously tell them on yer bike :thumbs:

Doesn't sound like you have much to worry about....

There must be some form of evidence adduced to prove that there was an actual pursuit of a wild mammal. This may be obtained and supported by eye-witness accounts of the activity, video evidence or evidence of preparatory activity such as earth stopping; that is the practice of blocking fox, rabbit, badger holes to prevent a fox going to ground

So by what it says in the quote, for a conviction there has to be eye witnesses or video evidence....

I think this is a summary only offence (section 1), so you would look silly asking for it to be heard by a jury....

And because you don't have a solicitor the Prosecutor might ask to speak directly to you in private to "plea bargain" and lessen the charge to "trespass in pursuit of game"...If they do obviously tell them on yer bike :thumbs:

when you nothing to worry about as you say how would it be silly to go for a jury trial and thus cost them more money.any good barrister would pull you on like a waterboot in a case like this,

when you nothing to worry about as you say how would it be silly to go for a jury trial and thus cost them more money.any good barrister would pull you on like a waterboot in a case like this,

You would be silly to ask a magistrate to commit a summary only offence to crown court..Because summary only offences like this one can only be dealt with in a magistrates court, I cant possibly make it any clearer...

• Like 2

You would be silly to ask a magistrate to commit a summary only offence to crown court..Because summary only offences like this one can only be dealt with in a magistrates court, I cant possibly make it any clearer...

beg your pardon ma lord..yer wrong.your ntitled to be tried by your peers.eu human rights ect..

beg your pardon ma lord..yer wrong.your ntitled to be tried by your peers.eu human rights ect..

Maybe in Ireland...