Your Ideal Pack???

clipo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

your right ,i could virtually gaurentee whats cuming out,,and by the noise i,ll tel you which dog is on,lol my pack ready and waiting,,

Far from Ideal because there's always room for improvement but here's some of my lot and a good friends lurcher  

2 bushers mother and son beagle/russells very vocal and work all quarry and 2 lurchers 1 collie/grey and 1 lurcher/lurcher have some good crack moochin with these 4

Posted Images

Our bushing is mainly for rabbits and the packs is made up of several packs owned separately. We used to be out weekly but real life and a fluctuating rabbit population has put paid to that. The base of the pack are 5 jrt bitches who provide most of the cover work and a beddy/whip/grey bitch who is totally wed to bushing and does nothing else. These are all owned by a member on here who also owns the farm we usually work. My pack consists of a strong mongrel terrier who bushes well out on his own with runners but has a tendency to allow the smaller bitches to do the lions share of the work in tight cover if out together, he tends to let them find quarry and then joins in to hunt it, then I have three runners one of whom is mostly retired and the other two are a bitsa bitch and jrtxwhip dog. They are both used for the full range of lurcher work as well as bushing. Added to that can be another members two bullwhippets and their Stafford dam, one of the bullwhippets and the staff bush while the other acts as a runner. On occasion various other combinations have been added to the pack all of which have worked fine together.

What I love about it is the way each dog knows its place and works with the others, that and the fact that you never know what each hunt will bring.

• Like 4