Moyes Set To Be Sacked

Gnash, Man U are the most popular football team in the world, that's a fact.

Forget in England mate ;)........Liverpool and Arsenal are absolute small fry compared the the Mancs in global corporate terms.

When you was talking about a major force i presumed you meant in England being thats where they play...my mistake ;)

I realized what you meant after I re read it but couldn't be arsed to edit it ! Lol

But, seeing as I am writing now, then yes IMHO they were no where near the force of old (Liverpool)........I reckon teams were genuinely going up there looking for a result against them and believing they could get it........that would never have happened in their former glory.

A team with great history, yes..........a big team in terms of Britain, yes.......but if you class a big team as being well supported then we are as big IMHO

But a big team in terms of the global market, not in my opinion I am afraid.

But again, another team who were living in a land of fantasy for a while.......I don't know how many times Benitez took them to the semi finals and final of the CL but it was more than a couple but that wasn't good enough, the fans thought they were more than that.......they weren't !!

You can't class yourself as up there with the big boys because you won everything 20 f***ing years ago, it's what you won in the last 5 seasons that count for a club.

There's a massive difference between "are" and "were" to me mate and that's never so true as in football.

A great boxing champ will always be classed as great because he will be having X amount of fights in his career and then stop while he is ahead, he won't be having 38 fights every year until the cows come home.

You know what they say, a striker is as good as his last goal.........same for the clubs.

Not saying your wrong, it's all just my take on things

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Myself and wilf have had a running diatribe on this from day 1 on texts How possibly could a team that has lost the greatest manager of all time allow the reins to be taken up by a guy who has won no

Moyes

fans across the country have reacted to the news david moyes has been sacked...............                                                                        

Posted Images

Gnash, Man U are the most popular football team in the world, that's a fact.

Forget in England mate ;)........Liverpool and Arsenal are absolute small fry compared the the Mancs in global corporate terms.

When you was talking about a major force i presumed you meant in England being thats where they play...my mistake ;)

I realized what you meant after I re read it but couldn't be arsed to edit it ! Lol

But, seeing as I am writing now, then yes IMHO they were no where near the force of old (Liverpool)........I reckon teams were genuinely going up there looking for a result against them and believing they could get it........that would never have happened in their former glory.

A team with great history, yes..........a big team in terms of Britain, yes.......but if you class a big team as being well supported then we are as big IMHO

But a big team in terms of the global market, not in my opinion I am afraid.

But again, another team who were living in a land of fantasy for a while.......I don't know how many times Benitez took them to the semi finals and final of the CL but it was more than a couple but that wasn't good enough, the fans thought they were more than that.......they weren't !!

You can't class yourself as up there with the big boys because you won everything 20 f*****g years ago, it's what you won in the last 5 seasons that count for a club.

There's a massive difference between "are" and "were" to me mate and that's never so true as in football.

A great boxing champ will always be classed as great because he will be having X amount of fights in his career and then stop while he is ahead, he won't be having 38 fights every year until the cows come home.

You know what they say, a striker is as good as his last goal.........same for the clubs.

Not saying your wrong, it's all just my take on things

Understand what your getting at mate just dont agree..........form is temporary class is permanent and all that caper for me ;) ..........Im only just starting to look at Chelsea as a big club..........Man City not for a long time yet regardless what they win..........Arsenal much bigger than the pair of them alongside Liverpool.................but as you say yourself.....just my take on things :thumbs:

• Like 3

Like all brands, you need names or someone who is about to break onto the scene........you are all talking like Man U is a football club, it's not !.......it's a brand that happens to play football.

That's why a "brand" like Virgin uses Usian Bolt and not Graham Taylor to advertise and the manager Branson is as big a name as any of them.

The whole premier league (syndicated around the globe) suffered because this 1 club didn't do well !!........1 club !!

That's much more than just a Saturday kick about.

Get with the programme boys ;)

Got to agree mate,

I've said a few times, it's a business, a huge business, they've got to attract top players, and compete every year,

That's not me being a muggy fan, oh we've won nothing, how sad,shit... That's the reality at a club the size of UTD..

As good as man city, Chelsea etc sides may be, they are not the juggernaut by of UTD....

Liverpool on the other hand will attract similar world wise interest, if the branding is right in the next few years, they have the history and are now putting together the side...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 1

Yeah we fort u was talkin baht in England you mug wilf

Yeah go on fack orf Wilf ya toby what would you know abaht footie watching that crappy West Ham every week !...................................................................................................................................That alright Stiffs he wont gimme a clump will he ?

Gnash, ask Dreammeister how a 30 year old super fit 13 stone paratrooper gets on against a 43 year old 16 stone general dealer who ain't done a bit of exercise for 2 years in a 100m sprint ? ;) haha YES ! Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

Yeah we fort u was talkin baht in England you mug wilf

Yeah go on fack orf Wilf ya toby what would you know abaht footie watching that crappy West Ham every week !...................................................................................................................................That alright Stiffs he wont gimme a clump will he ?

Gnash, ask Dreammeister how a 30 year old super fit 13 stone paratrooper gets on against a 43 year old 16 stone general dealer who ain't done a bit of exercise for 2 years in a 100m sprint ? ;) haha YES !

1 nil to the Cockney boys 1 nil to the Cockney boys :boogy: .................sorry Stiffs but gotta stick with my own ;)

• Like 1

Neither will yours on the climbing wall, it was like an indoor touching the void re-enactment

I was rather hoping you wouldnt bring my "Harry Hill" moment up !! Lol.......even the wee man gives me stick about that !! Lol

• Like 1

Like a giraffe in horse race he was but fair play he give me a kick in the arse

Shame we never recorded it for prosperity

In my head I can hear the wee man....

" memba when we went to see Danny at work and you fell off that climbing wall Dad? you looked a proper melon "

Edited by THE STIFFMEISTER

Couldn't be done mate, you was too busy laughing and I was too busy gasping for oxygen !

• Like 1

In my head I can hear the wee man....

" memba when we went to see Danny at work and you fell off that climbing wall Dad? you looked a proper melon "

It actually went like this " Dad, Dad.....what about that climbing wall when we went to see Danny...........Dad, your an idiot !"

That's genuinely what the little f****r said !

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

A father with 11 kids decides he is going out for a while and asks his friend to come in and look after the kids. After their dad leaves the kids begin acting up and not behaving for their dad's friend, doing their best to get him to leave. Eventually the kids force their dad's friend out of the house, the eldest child takes over to calm things down until the end of the season when Manchester United begin their search for another manager.

• Like 1