Adder's ?

Just a be careful post, when your out with the dogs this summer, as my mates dog got bit by one the other day. He got gundogs, and his springer got bit on its side, he didn't see what happened .Dog went down quick not feeling well, couldn't see anyting at 1st then its a lump came up, still couldn't see nout thought it might have been thorn etc.Took it to vet yesterday snake bite (adder) , dogs ok now got some drugs into it, :thumbs: so be careful small dog/pup might have been worse,!! he thinks it was in rough type ground not plough etc ... :yes:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your in an area that's got adders it may be worth speaking to your vets and asking for some antihystamines, for you to carry when out, as administering antihistamines soon after being bitten can h

dont get them here ......thank fook for st patrick.

Yeh , 1000mg amoxy cillin 150ml rimifin tabs this is for a 18k springer size dog, the vet said its the pain killer tabs that can kill the dog ,if they go into shock. So the quicker you get them t

Posted Images

Do you know what the drugs were bird full of them up here

Yeh , 1000mg amoxy cillin 150ml rimifin tabs this is for a 18k springer size dog, the vet said its the pain killer tabs that can kill the dog ,if they go into shock. So the quicker you get them to the vet the better :yes:

• Like 1

If your in an area that's got adders it may be worth speaking to your vets and asking for some antihystamines,

for you to carry when out, as administering antihistamines soon after being bitten can help a great deal,

whilst your sorting to get to a vet.

http://rhodes-2-safety.co.uk/?p=880

There are some vets who do adder packs,

http://www.westbriton.co.uk/Pack-help-dogs-bitten-adders/story-11422432-detail/story.html

• Like 3

Do you know what the drugs were bird full of them up here

Yeh , 1000mg amoxy cillin 150ml rimifin tabs this is for a 18k springer size dog, the vet said its the pain killer tabs that can kill the dog ,if they go into shock. So the quicker you get them to the vet the bette

this was what the lad told me,who vet he used for all his working dogs over the years !

Ray I was once climbing a dry stone wall when my mate ran up and kicked me in the back of the leg, to which I said silly cnut what did you kick me for he burst out with laughter saying the feck you on about.

I was a bit numb for about two mins but my leg swelled and I had a small bite mark I put that down to the adder needless to say my mates still take the piss

the affects didnt last that long but the jokes still do

Ray I was once climbing a dry stone wall when my mate ran up and kicked me in the back of the leg, to which I said silly cnut what did you kick me for he burst out with laughter saying the feck you on about.

I was a bit numb for about two mins but my leg swelled and I had a small bite mark I put that down to the adder needless to say my mates still take the piss

the affects didnt last that long but the jokes still do

good job it wasn't your hand ,that would lot more painful. It must knock the dogs about a fair bit when they get a bite, as there a lot smaller than us :yes:

Get plenty of them around by me never had a dog bitten though they seem fairly lazy compared to grassnakes wich I often see when on my local carp water.

Found these 2 under abit of tin last year amazing how they survive the cold.

bbae958bbc2696e4ac6794429b6b5207_zps9dc2

• Like 1

I got bitten by a brown snake and it was the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life. I was lucky it never got in my blood stream or else I would've been dead before I knew it. I can't stand snakes now, I always used to sneak up on them and tease them, now I won't go near them unless a dog is getting bitten. Horrible things they are.

I got bitten by a brown snake and it was the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life. I was lucky it never got in my blood stream or else I would've been dead before I knew it. I can't stand snakes now, I always used to sneak up on them and tease them, now I won't go near them unless a dog is getting bitten. Horrible things they are.

are the brown one of the worse for biting people out there, are they big snake.? I swear they had one in steve /crock hunter house once ,and it nearly got his face lol, he was feckin nutter lol