Is It Time For Davey Moyes To Go?

If they dont win something big theres a lot of their fans who will be calling for his head.........this depressingly boring football he sets his teams out to play will be tolerated while they win things.......but if they dont......

Define entertaining football Gnasher as Jose's GD record is pretty good?

GF GA GD

1002 364 +638

His win percentage is 67.35% in as opposed to:

Moyes - 44.64%

Wenger - 53.68%

Pellegrini - 50.37%

Ferguson - 58.23%

Allardyce - 39.86%

Benitez - 50.87%

Mancini - 55.78%

Martinez - 40.18%

You can't say he's not up there in the best of the best.

Im not saying he,s not up there with the best,he is...........but his football in the big matches is tediously effective........im just a football fan and as a neutral i want to see a good game when the best clubs in the land meet.............we have all looked forward to the big games Chelsea have been involved in and nearly all of them have been turned into a boring endurance test .......his record against the other big clubs shows he is effective,it also shows less goals per game,more nil nil draws,playing no strikers etc.............wherever Mourinho go,s he comes with guarentees.......guarenteed trophies.....guarenteed to spend shed loads of money......guarenteed to piss everyone off.....guarenteed to watch poor football.......guarenteed he,ll be gone within 3 years.

Personally i dont think that is what constitutes a great manager regardless of the success he has.................look at one of the traditionally big ties of the calender Man Utd v Chelsea..............in his absence there was 20 games played between the 2 clubs and not one nil nil draw...............he comes back and straight away theres a nil nil draw at home.....and probably the most dullest Fa Cup final in recent memory.

• Like 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i hope they keep him and he keeps taking the club in the direction its going...

simple fact is he has took on a title winning squad at one of the biggest and best ran clubs in the world, spent over 70million, sacked fergies backroom staff and made phil neville first team coach...

Mate, my father in law is a Man U fan.....for 20 f***ing years I have had to listen to "man u this and Man U that" all the time.........last 4 months ? Not a peep out of the old c**t ! Lol lol   Can

Posted Images

He is one of the most succesfull managers there has ever been.

Not saying he is the greatest but he is a good manager

But that saying he does get the big clubs with big bank balances

He does now but he didn't to begin with.

150 home games undefeated in a row and a trophy every year pretty much. I'd say he has his pick of teams to manage.

Porto ain't exactly a small team in Portugal.. Funny how fate turns out.. The thinking at Chelsea before they appointed him was that whoever won the CL final that year would be approached to be the next Chelsea manager with funds available that were unheard of at the time. It was between Mourinho at Porto and Deschamps at Monaco IIRC.. :hmm: Porto won the final and Mourinho was selected. That Porto even got through to the final against United that year was down to an away goal win and an incorrectly ruled offside Paul Scholes goal. They scored a single goal over the two legs against united. But for a wrong decision Mourinho might not have got the Chelsea job with which to build his legacy and he might not be so prominent a figure as he is today.. He's certainly a good tactician, possibly one of the best ever but IMO there are things to his methods that leave a lot to he desired. He causes friction wherever he goes for a start, and look how many promising players had their careers stalled by signing for Chelsea under him. Decent players like Cudicinni, Bridge, Scot Parker, Shaun Wright-Phillips, and many more spent their best years sat in the stands while under contract for Chelsea under him.

Don't know where you get your stats from on the named players Malt.

Scot Parker was only there for 18months in which time he suffered two pretty bad injuries. 18months is hardly going to stall your career if you're injured anyway.

Wayne Bridge was there the same time as Ashley Cole who was still keeping him out of the national squad and Bridge suffered a serious injury that kept him out for the arse end of 2004-2005 and recovery took ages meaning he struggled to get back into the squad so was loaned out to Fulham where he only made 12 apps anyway. Hardly a prolific time in his career through injury more than management.

Shaun Wright-Phillips. Was at Man City for three premier league seasons from 2002 - 2005 with 99 league appearances and 117 in total. He then moved to Chelsea from 2005 - 2008 with 81 league apps and 124 in total. In the season he was under Jose he played 27 league games each season, that's 70% of games. Hardly a bench warmer. In total he made 83 apps under Jose.

Back to City for 3 seasons with 64 league apps and 94 in total. That's less productive.

It's well documented about players wasting their best years at Chelsea when they started hoovering up talent to stop them going elsewhere. They were all good enough for first team football elsewhere..

If they dont win something big theres a lot of their fans who will be calling for his head.........this depressingly boring football he sets his teams out to play will be tolerated while they win things.......but if they dont......

GF GA GD

1002 364 +638

Moyes - 44.64%

Wenger - 53.68%

Pellegrini - 50.37%

Ferguson - 58.23%

Allardyce - 39.86%

Benitez - 50.87%

Mancini - 55.78%

Martinez - 40.18%

Im not saying he,s not up there with the best,he is...........but his football in the big matches is tediously effective........im just a football fan and as a neutral i want to see a good game when the best clubs in the land meet.............we have all looked forward to the big games Chelsea have been involved in and nearly all of them have been turned into a boring endurance test .......his record against the other big clubs shows he is effective,it also shows less goals per game,more nil nil draws,playing no strikers etc.............wherever Mourinho go,s he comes with guarentees.......guarenteed trophies.....guarenteed to spend shed loads of money......guarenteed to piss everyone off.....guarenteed to watch poor football.......guarenteed he,ll be gone within 3 years.

Personally i dont think that is what constitutes a great manager regardless of the success he has.................look at one of the traditionally big ties of the calender Man Utd v Chelsea..............in his absence there was 20 games played between the 2 clubs and not one nil nil draw...............he comes back and straight away theres a nil nil draw at home.....and probably the most dullest Fa Cup final in recent memory.

Chelsea vs Man Utd - 9 fixtures in total under Jose and only 2 0-0 results. You forgot to mention the 3-1 smashing in Jan this year Gnash.

Chelsea vs Arsenal - 11 fixtures in total under Jose and only 2 0-0 results. They also smashed Arsenal 6-0 back in March, what a boring game.

Chelsea vs Liverpool - 18 fixture sin total under Jose and only 3 0-0 results.

So that is a total of 38 "Big four fixtures" during his time at Chelsea so far and only 7 0-0 results.

This season so far you've had:

Vs Liverpool - 3-3 agg over 3 fixtures.

Vs Arsenal - 8-0agg over 2 fixtures

Vs Man Utd - 3-1agg over 2 fixtures

Vs Man City - 3-3agg over 3 fixtures.

10 fixtures and 24 goals.

It's well documented about players wasting their best years at Chelsea when they started hoovering up talent to stop them going elsewhere. They were all good enough for first team football elsewhere..

Wayne Bridge couldn't make the Fulham first team. Shaun Wright Phillips played just as many games under Jose as he did for the next two season (one more at Chelsea and one at Man City). He struggled to make the QPR team for a while. Scott Parker's career has hardly been prolific with any team he's played for. As for Cuducini he refused to leave Chelsea and instead stayed on even when he was third choice. That was his choice. He could have pout a transfer request in. Still, he played more times fro Chelsea than he did for Tottenham.

GF GA GD

1002 364 +638

Moyes - 44.64%

Wenger - 53.68%

Pellegrini - 50.37%

Ferguson - 58.23%

Allardyce - 39.86%

Benitez - 50.87%

Mancini - 55.78%

Martinez - 40.18%

You wouldn't want him at Upton Park then Gnash, you're quite happy with Big Sam down there are you? ;)

:laugh: For someone who 'lost touch with football' a few posts back you seem to have knowledge of an awful lot of stats from recent years Hutch! :laugh:

It's amazing what you can find when you smash a few keys really hard :D :D

I don't know all of this shit off by heart, feck I wouldn't have time to do anything else. I just look up stuff folk say i.e. "the big four "game results.

GF GA GD

1002 364 +638

Moyes - 44.64%

Wenger - 53.68%

Pellegrini - 50.37%

Ferguson - 58.23%

Allardyce - 39.86%

Benitez - 50.87%

Mancini - 55.78%

Martinez - 40.18%

Chelsea vs Man Utd - 9 fixtures in total under Jose and only 2 0-0 results. You forgot to mention the 3-1 smashing in Jan this year Gnash.

Chelsea vs Arsenal - 11 fixtures in total under Jose and only 2 0-0 results. They also smashed Arsenal 6-0 back in March, what a boring game.

So that is a total of 38 "Big four fixtures" during his time at Chelsea so far and only 7 0-0 results.

Arsenal,Liverpool,Man Utd,City and Spurs have an average of 5.5 % nil nil draws against all the other clubs................against Chelsea they have an average of 15.1 % nil nil draws.

The fact is mate stats can be made to look however we want........talk to Chelsea fans who regularly go to games see how they feel......a lot of them are not happy......fans of big clubs might accept boring negative football while their teams winning things but when its not.......lets have it right forget the stats Chelsea have won trophies the last 2 years with 2 different managers this year theres a good chance they will win nothing.

GF GA GD

1002 364 +638

Moyes - 44.64%

Wenger - 53.68%

Pellegrini - 50.37%

Ferguson - 58.23%

Allardyce - 39.86%

Benitez - 50.87%

Mancini - 55.78%

Martinez - 40.18%

You wouldn't want him at Upton Park then Gnash, you're quite happy with Big Sam down there are you? ;)

No i wouldnt want him here they are similar managers in my book both anti football......difference being one is good at it and ones not !...But if it wasnt my club i wouldnt pay to watch either.

GF GA GD

1002 364 +638

Moyes - 44.64%

Wenger - 53.68%

Pellegrini - 50.37%

Ferguson - 58.23%

Allardyce - 39.86%

Benitez - 50.87%

Mancini - 55.78%

Martinez - 40.18%

Arsenal,Liverpool,Man Utd,City and Spurs have an average of 5.5 % nil nil draws against all the other clubs................against Chelsea they have an average of 15.1 % nil nil draws.

The fact is mate stats can be made to look however we want........talk to Chelsea fans who regularly go to games see how they feel......a lot of them are not happy......fans of big clubs might accept boring negative football while their teams winning things but when its not.......lets have it right forget the stats Chelsea have won trophies the last 2 years with 2 different managers this year theres a good chance they will win nothing.

I'm sorry Gnash, I just thought scoring more goals and conceding less this season and a higher place position was a better season than last 3 or 4 seasons. Seems I was wrong.

I also thought beating your main rivals convincingly or having bragging rights in your home town/city was a good thing:

Chelsea 2 - 0 Fulham

Chelsea 2 - 1 Man City

West Ham 0 - 3 Chelsea

Chelsea 2 - 1 Crystal Palace

Chelsea 2 1 Liverpool

Chelsea 3 - 1 Man Utd

Man City 0 - 1 Chelsea

Fulham 1 - 3 Chelsea

Chelsea 4 - 0 Spurs

Chelsea 6 - 0 Arsenal

Obviously I was wrong and the Russian money has raised the expectation level now to the point where anything less than all four trophies every year is a disaster.

Kind of why I fell out with football now you can "buy" a title.

Let's not forget that Arsenal have gone NINE years without any silverware. Shows the difference the money makes in both team and fans.

I don't know about statistics , but I do know what I see , and I see Mourinho spending lots of money to produce efficient hard to beat boring boring teams , Over the course of the premiership , I have seen M.Utd and Arsenal teams win the title with football that can take your breath away , playing football not just to grind out a win , but to win with style playing football that sometimes reached levels not seen in this country before , I can remember certain games , and certain goals and bits of skill , these are stuck in my mind ,I had an admiration for these teams ,and I support neither of them . Chelseas title winning exploits ? they are a blank to me , as a neutral I would be hard pushed to remember more than 5 or 6 players ,not a game /goal or bit of magic is in my memory banks

For all his attempts to portray himself as a character with his nasty , spiteful , malicious sneaky remarks about others , it cant hide the fact that he is just a boring little man , with a boring football philosophy and I sincerely hope the horrible little Portugese prick fuks off back to Portugal.