Working Away From Home

hutch6, on 10 Apr 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

RubyTex, on 10 Apr 2014 - 09:00 AM, said:

Nothing to do with working away but here's my situation, i'm disillusioned already! I feel like i'm married to the company the amount of time spent there, and in the last two weeks all I've done is get up, go to work, come home, give the dogs a quick run, have tea then bed. Some days I've finished at 7:30pm and been back in for 7 the next morning. Just done 14 days solid and it's payday today (get paid every 2 weeks)....£386 quid.... Worked my bollocks off and haven't even cleared £200 a week :laugh: If I didn't laugh i'd cry!

What are you doing about it?

Browsing for alternative employment as we speak!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we used to finish one job then they`d want us to go straight onto another we used to come home switch our phones of for a few days then ring in one firm we worked for kept cutting and chopping our p

Oh I dunno, you've got to push them in the right order and somedays you've got to push two at a time quite often. We should get paid overtime for that, might have to speak with the union.   One of t

I would have to get paid ALOT of money before I would travel all over the country for work. f**k that

Posted Images

Why the hell can't I get a job loosening bolts for £2k every fortnight?!?!?

Un-f*****g-believable some of the jobs out there...

Tighten bolts mate tighten lol

Those that can turn things clockwise always get paid more than those turn stuff anti-clockwise :thumbs:

• Like 1

Got a nice number atm 8-4 monday - friday local dont leave my town but its driving me up the wall I want to go see abit and move about nearly quit yesterday must be more to life than this

Fancy a summer in Malta?? :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

LOL, 'graft'.......... I've found mentally challenging work is just as tiring as physical labour. If you've never sat at a desk for literally weeks solidly working on one problem you'll not understand. It cooks your brain, you get home and literally need to just mong out and be a vegetable for an hour.

Bashing keys is depressingly easy....... figuring out which keys to bash and in what order is the graft.

LOL, I'd rather shift 10 ton of kerb stones by hand than sit down and have to figure out how to make all those numbers behave the way they're supposed to!

......."graft" :laugh:

Same when negotiating with clients for weeks at a time over the same bloody points.... It sucks!!

Seems I can't get away from working away from home ... I spent 22 years working away however now I work for myself I still have to do it lol ... If you want to earn the money you have to take the jobs that are away from home aswell as the ones around the corner ... Difference is if I don't want to go now I don't ... I get to pick where I go ... I get to pick my accommodation ... I decide what I get paid ... and most importantly nobody is trying to kill me :laugh: .............

• Like 3

Seems I can't get away from working away from home ... I spent 22 years working away however now I work for myself I still have to do it lol ... If you want to earn the money you have to take the jobs that are away from home aswell as the ones around the corner ... Difference is if I don't want to go now I don't ... I get to pick where I go ... I get to pick my accommodation ... I decide what I get paid ... and most importantly nobody is trying to kill me :laugh: .............

Just remember to call me and the dwarf,,,,,if you get some proper northern rabbits that need killing,,,lol

Just remember to call me and the dwarf,,,,,if you get some proper northern rabbits that need killing,,,lol

Shreck and prince Farquhar are top of my list :D .............

• Like 3

Mush did any young lads off this site go for that Malta job?

Not a single one mate...... Not that that serious to see the world imo :laugh:

Socks, someone not trying to kill you must have it's upside :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I work 2 weeks on 3 off in the North Sea, I love it.. Good rig I'm on with good set of lads, the trip flys in. Having 3 weeks off to spend with the family and get my dog work/shooting etc in deffo makes up for the 2 weeks in away