Can you not use infra red floodlights to light up the action a bit? The camera can see but your not lighting up the whole field. Maybe lamp from a vehicle? It would give the camera a easier job of focusing on the subject.

Slightly different but when I was filming my lamping I had to put the lamp on early so the camcorder had time to focus and a wider beam helped to get a faster focus.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're right there 3175Darren......they're not easy.... Most people that try to get them end up giving up due to the frustration.... Like banging your head against a brick wall!!

Mrs tried to get some for me, not easy, my favourite was one that was an accident in that she knocked something in the dark al got a blurry shot.   I like the effect she hates it lol.        

Nearly home...............

Posted Images

Can you not use infra red floodlights to light up the action a bit? The camera can see but your not lighting up the whole field. Maybe lamp from a vehicle? It would give the camera a easier job of focusing on the subject.

Slightly different but when I was filming my lamping I had to put the lamp on early so the camcorder had time to focus and a wider beam helped to get a faster focus.

Hi, it doesn't work like that with camera. Camcorders and camera lenses are two different things matey....

Everythings worth a try, but I'm sticking with my methods.... :victory:

Thats a top class photo, fair play darcy!

What lense do you use?

Thanks. The pics I post on here are not good enough for the books. They're just from the recycle bin to be honest.

Believe it or not the lens is a cheapo £60 er. It's a plastic lens made by canon, 50 mm.

I've tried most every lens there is to try, the one I was using before this was an L series 17-40, but it wasn't 'that' crisp to be honest. I've decided to give this cheapo lens a good trial this season and see what the results are. I think have a good flash unit is the key........ :thumbs:

JD is it better to use black and white in darkness, I know nothing about photography, but intend to sort that when I retire, I took mine with a I phone, the dog stalked over the rabbit, and took it as it lifted, his favourite party trick, and I was late on the button,

You're right there 3175Darren......they're not easy....

Most people that try to get them end up giving up due to the frustration.... :wallbash:

Like banging your head against a brick wall!! :D

Darcy that's a cracker of a pic I'm hoping to get one like that someday when I own a dog that can get that close to a rabbit

• Like 3

JD is it better to use black and white in darkness, I know nothing about photography, but intend to sort that when I retire, I took mine with a I phone, the dog stalked over the rabbit, and took it as it lifted, his favourite party trick, and I was late on the button,

hi matey...........with a DSLR it doesnt matter whether you use colour b&w.

The main bit is to make sure everything focussed and the apertures right and the shutter speed aint too high or low....and the subjects centred...

Oh, and you , ideally, want to be within 8 foot of the action.....ideally. :whistling:

hi matey...........with a DSLR it doesnt matter whether you use colour b&w.

The main bit is to make sure everything focussed and the apertures right and the shutter speed aint too high or low....and the subjects centred...

Oh, and you , ideally, want to be within 8 foot of the action.....ideally. :whistling:

thanks for that, JD what would you say is the right shutter speed? It's never easy if your on your own like me most of the time,trying to hold lamp carrying battery and balancing the phone,but worth trying sometimes, just for the chance of catching a good picture,

Thats a top class photo, fair play darcy!

What lense do you use?

Thanks. The pics I post on here are not good enough for the books. They're just from the recycle bin to be honest.

Believe it or not the lens is a cheapo £60 er. It's a plastic lens made by canon, 50 mm.

I've tried most every lens there is to try, the one I was using before this was an L series 17-40, but it wasn't 'that' crisp to be honest. I've decided to give this cheapo lens a good trial tynchis season and see what the results are. I think have a good flash unit is the key........ :thumbs:

would need to be ETTL with high speed sync and set to the multi stroboscopic option. you could possible use a few off camera flash units with a remote and receiver units. that way you should be able to increase you shutter speed, a light meter would also be helpful