Magpie Shooting

Got to the farm this morning just before six to have go at the magpies, these are what I've shot, I had a few more but they were on the top of the barn roof the buzzard will sort them out. I'm going to give it a go tomorrow morning I'm going to try a dead rabbit slit open with one of the crows from today standing over it. :)

3EF8D30C-0A12-419E-A042-C211BD491C45_zps

• Like 8

Good going and well done! Good luck for tommorow too. It was sad last year to see the blackbirds nest constantly harrased by them in my garden an they never fledged any young so maybe took there eggs as they where laid. Go get the buggers!

As the great JD once said "magpies are my favorite corpse"

If you can lay your hands on an owl decoy try fixing it to a fence post or stump near some open trees and a good hide with a shot magpie tied to the feet of the owl, it will drive the local gang of magpies nuts and give you some good chances of a shot

Cheers

Pete

• Like 2

Thats pretty good ! Did they just keep coming in? I'm sure the magpies round here know my truck ! :laugh:

A dead rabbit works for me but as soon as I blat one with the hmr the rest are gone for hours, never any close enough for the HW97.

• 3 weeks later...