• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looked like ^ this when i bought it   2 years later    

Aye but it probably weighs less than the lawnmower !   Hunter, yer a bad man ! lol. Mines always starts.. 40 kicks sometimes, but it always gets there in the end

Posted Images

I have a 1972 Lambretta Li150

It`s modified, a lot. 190 cast barrel kit, reed valved, using a 30mil Dellorto. Piston, conrod and rings from an RD350 YPVS.

PM tuning expansion Cut, welded race crank and HD racing clutch. GT gearbox.

Puts out 25 BHP, in an Italian shopping moped on 10 inch wheels ! lol. Goes like a crosser. Confuses feck out of bikes at the lights, They keep looking round for the Race 2 stroke, but all they see is me ! hahaha usually my rear light ! lol.

Now that's what 2 stokes are for. I hate 2 stroke bikes , fekin shaking rattling nightmares :laugh: :laugh:

When I win the lotto, I'll get Cambridge Lambrettas to restore me a 63 LI 150 Slimstyle, my first scooter , and maybe a TV 175 or GT 200, the ones I dreamt of having !!9'

In order:

Suxuki AP50 (age 16)

Yamaha DT125

Yamaha RD250

Yamaha LC350

Suzuki GS1000

Ducati 900ss

Ducati 916

Suzuki TL1000R

Aprilia RSV

Aprilia Tuono

oh...and a Honda Dylan (still got that). :laugh:

I owned an original brit reg GT 200

Kept it unrestored, in the kitchen for years, the holy grail of Lambretta.

Bought the series 2 TV175 ridgeback, and lost all interest in the ser 3. sold it. Must have been mental ! haha, but hey, I found it in a barn, everyones dream to do that, find a priceless Lammy in a barn somewhere ! :laugh:

I "customised " the LI by putting GP side panels and SX mudguard and Ancilloti seat on in, but in retrospect, it spoiled it. Back in the late 60's the only engine mods were a 200cc rebore an Amal concentric carb, 16 tooth crank sprocket, exta clutch plate and an Ancilloti exhaust. Made it one of the fastest Lambrettas around at the time; oh, the nostalgia !!!

• Like 1

And it's got a huge front disc, which looks hydraulic, definitely non standard; yeah, I'm a Lambrettas nerd ! LOL !

Think thats the GT

Ive had a series III Lammy 20+ years now with the mugello 185 kit and 25mm Delloto carb. Trouble is two kids later never ge thte time to ride it now :sorry:

Oh what memories though of scooter runs and weekenders..... :boogy:

• Like 2

Flipper, super bit of restoration there :clapper:

Nice scoots Mr Rake :cheers:

So far

Yamaha DT 125

Yamaha LC 350

Time out

Suzuki bandit 600 ( naked )

Harley 1200 sportster

Yamaha 600 FZS fazer

Honda XR400

CCM 650

Yamaha FZ1n

I'll probably go back to a cruiser/bobber at some point but don't want to stop using the FZ1n as it is a cracking bike.

The red and white LI has a hydraulic front brake conversion using a suzuki master cylinder. Small 2 pot calliper and floating disc grafted to the hub.

The forks were modified, adding shock mounts to take the TV shocks, simply changed the links as well and on they went.

Good innit ? lol

• Like 2

Well first bike was a crosser kx125, then yz125 then got rs125 road bike, brothers had gsxr400 and now got a mito125 and a zxr400 in the garage that picked up cheap, wee restoration project then sell on. Oh and gixer 750 for awhile. Al slap some pics up later.

Was on the rs and had a minor mishap with a conrod bursting, and dropping into crank..... Whole engine gone and power valve fooked!