The Hunting Act

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Worryingly there is a strong rumour that terrier work within Hunts will be traded to get the law amended to use a full pack of hounds again , remember , the hunting Tories are usually mounted particip

Seems like we might just get a bit of luck in our small country!   Godbless the hill farmers!

And unlike you Max, I'm not willing to 'sacrifice' any of my fellow countrymen's sports or traditions to save any other, regardless of whether I enjoy that particular flavour or not.

Posted Images

I hope you are wrong too Dan. :yes:

There are already plenty of packs that don't allow terrierwork on hunt days.

What a sad state of affairs.

They don't allow it because as the law stands, it's illegal. Hunts aren't allowed to hunt foxes, only the drag. So it is impossible to trade off Hunt Terrier work for anything ! The ONLY thing under discussion at the moment is changing part of the Act from allowing up to two hounds TO FLUSH TO A GUN, to allowing more than two hounds TO FLUSH TO A GUN. Nothing to do with mounted packs.

• Like 1

They don't allow it because as the law stands, it's illegal. Hunts aren't allowed to hunt foxes, only the drag. So it is impossible to trade off Hunt Terrier work for anything ! The ONLY thing under discussion at the moment is changing part of the Act from allowing up to two hounds TO FLUSH TO A GUN, to allowing more than two hounds TO FLUSH TO A GUN. Nothing to do with mounted packs.

The mounted packs would soon jump on the band wagon with guns here and there.

How does Hare Coursing not have a leg to stand on Born Hunter ?

It's a proven FACT estates who's lands that Hare Coursing was practiced on had after a few Coursing seasons a Healthier 'Fitter Hare population due to natural selection.

Only the fittest ' strongest' fastest more clever and agile survived and bred on.

The old weak and diseased were usually caught and did not breed on their weaker genes.

Estates were Coursing was held were also Farmed and managed with the Hares well being in mind.

Coursing Estates thus was beneficial to the Hare.

The Hare was thrived on these estates in numbers.

So don't give me the politically correct Bullshite that Coursing does not have a place in Countryside management or a leg to stand on.

It's the shooting of Hares that goes against most of the above and the shooting of Hares should be sacrificed as its depremental to Hares and Coursing should be reinstated in its place.shooting is indiscriminate' its for the best part not a clean kill

And has no place or a leg to stand on IMO

There you go.

LOL thought that might rattle you. You've taken your preconceptions of me and let your mind run, LOL. You don't have to sing the praises of hare coursing to me. But if you take a moment to read what I put you might realise that I personally wasn't in opposition to it, that's just farcical! I said in 21stC Britain the argument to support coursing is fecking poor! There's not a cat in hells chance of coursing coming back, it's just too hard to justify to the public. Increasing the number of hounds to flush has a fair bit of weight to it, getting terrierwork for farmers has a fair bit of weight to it................ but coursing parliament and the public just wont swallow.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3

How does Hare Coursing not have a leg to stand on Born Hunter ?

It's a proven FACT estates who's lands that Hare Coursing was practiced on had after a few Coursing seasons a Healthier 'Fitter Hare population due to natural selection.

Only the fittest ' strongest' fastest more clever and agile survived and bred on.

The old weak and diseased were usually caught and did not breed on their weaker genes.

Estates were Coursing was held were also Farmed and managed with the Hares well being in mind.

Coursing Estates thus was beneficial to the Hare.

The Hare was thrived on these estates in numbers.

So don't give me the politically correct Bullshite that Coursing does not have a place in Countryside management or a leg to stand on.

It's the shooting of Hares that goes against most of the above and the shooting of Hares should be sacrificed as its depremental to Hares and Coursing should be reinstated in its place.shooting is indiscriminate' its for the best part not a clean kill

And has no place or a leg to stand on IMO

There you go.

Max, we both want the same thing; but you talk from the heart, I talk from the head. The politicians only look for the vote.... not what is right or what is wrong ! I assume, from your posts, that you vote Labour, because of your education and background ? If you want The Hunting Act 2004 to be repealed, then there is only one Party to vote for ! The Tories ! I would rather stick pins in my own eyes than vote Tory, but if it guaranteed the abollision of the Hunting Act....... I might just be tempted !!

• Like 1

The mounted packs would soon jump on the band wagon with guns here and there.

M.F.H. were Ready before...to sell out Terrierwork.. :yes: :yes:

Scotland Argued the Case we had a long Standing use of Hounds & Terriers with guns..The TODHUNTER !!!! to protect ALL LIVESTOCK !

Not Relying on the Mounted Field....thats how we ,have the Best of the Hunting laws regarding Terriers & Hounds..

Now We have the case THE MOUNTED HUNTS...Turning up Dis-mounted...and basically POACHING ....what the Fox Destruction / Hillpacks Historically took care of :blink:

Something that was separate before the Ban...and had uneasy balance,now being Tipped towards the M.F.H. because it doesn't suit anymore .I.M.O.

Protectionist through and through,and once again Money Talks and the Old Boy network :whistling:maybe I'm wrong ,someone can tell me different ..

I march to save all Hunting ,even the disiplines I have no interest in.Some are out to protect their own,using the masses to further their cause.

Who Will be dropped as soon as It Suits :big_boss:

Legalised Hare Coursing is never going to come back. The changes they are thinking about is solely to do with Fox Hunting, i.e. changing the sub-section of the Act from flushing to the gun with a maximum of two hounds to allow flushing to the gun with more than two hounds, and even that won't get passed as Labour, the LibDems and even a lot of Tories will vote against it. The Act will never be repealed by the Tories as I will be leapt upon by Labour as the Tories looking after their rich mates, even though that would not be the case.

. And with that attitude we might as well throw the towel in thank fook for the likes of barry wade and the welsh lads who are at the front line and every other person who has tested the law ,
  • Like 1

Educate folk to the Facts

Coursing is GOOD for the Hare

Never mind Coursing has no place in 21st century Britain ffs

You can educate them all you like, fact is folks don't like seeing a dog or dogs killing fluffy critters in the modern world! And where have I said coursing has no place in 21stC Britain, twisting my words to fit your image of me eh Max? You want to ditch hare shooting to save your own enjoyment and you expect your fellow countrymen to get behind you? Never mind the public that on average frown on us getting enjoyment from anything that involves killing.

Worryingly there is a strong rumour that terrier work within Hunts will be traded to get the law amended to use a full pack of hounds again , remember , the hunting Tories are usually mounted participants whose enjoyment is riding not digging out , it is those MPs that Cameron is aiming to please , terrier and lurcher lads are of no interest to them.

. Terrier work will not be sacrifised As Pheasants in pens abd a pack of hounds dont make good bed fellows. The use of terriers to. Protect. Gamebirds is not up for discussion , what is is the use of. More than two hounds to flush to guns in the protection of FARM ANIMALS.
  • Like 1

Brigzy I vote for who I think are the best option at the time for Britain and what I hold dear

Just because I'm from the North East I havnt always voted Labour

BUT iv gave Cameron and his Tories their chance

And IMO they have let Normal folk ' Britain and the Hunting fraternity down

So he's had my vote once and won't be getting it again.

If Farage would just come forward and say he is reinstating Hunting in all its Glory if elected as well as pulling out of Europe and clamping right down on immigration and tourist health op's and stopping 90% of foreign Aid

He'd walk the elections.

Keep the Faith

So who will you vote for, Max ?? I will only vote for UKIP, if they have a candidate in my area, if not, I'll vote for the independent who most fits my opinions. You, I suppose, will vote Labour....... well, your dad and grandad did, so I guess you will aswell ? Even thjough they are anti hunting and pro EU.