Old School Russells

Guest foxpack

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1st dig to him yesterday in just over a year,didn't think I would be digging him again.

A warm ride home after a long wet day

I go on about this sort of thing to my kids all the time. I walk around my old council estate now and see nothing but shite, un kept gardens, rubbish everywhere and just no pride. When I grew up every

Posted Images

the best rabbit catcher i saw was the old queen ann type but use to tear its ears nose around the eyes so couldt work it everyday

so my self for bolting rabbits and able to work everyday a spaniel x terrier no mater what ground

• Like 1

cheers mate.

im often tryin to decide on which one for a bit of mooching with the lurchers

i dont see many litters available in ireland of the cross however

splenty springers though, rare to see proper russels for sale too.

would the stronger russells with straight legs etc be less interested in that type of work than the ones with quenn anne legs on average?

would yee lads think these proper russells are the best choice for rabbitting work in brambles over the other types of terrier and how would they compare to spaniels?would they work faster through small ditches

My Russell will bush all day long with loads of speed, she flushes game to the gun, she will kill rats all day, she'll go to ground, but she won't retrieve.

My springer bitch used to bush all day long with loads of speed, she flushed game to the gun, she was too soft mouth for rats, she was too big to go to ground, but would retrieve beautifully.

It all depends on what you want from a dog. My terrier is more versatile for me. I just have to retrieve my own shot game or wrestle her for the shredded carcass!!!

Nice dogs alli like the look off them is there bull in them nice strog heads on the

NO THERES NO BULL IN THERE, JUST STRONG TERRIERS, I TRY TO KEEP IT THAT WAY. ILE TRY GET SOME OLD PICS UP OF THE SAME LINE,FROM WAY BACK

• Like 2