Old School Russells

Guest foxpack

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1st dig to him yesterday in just over a year,didn't think I would be digging him again.

A warm ride home after a long wet day

I go on about this sort of thing to my kids all the time. I walk around my old council estate now and see nothing but shite, un kept gardens, rubbish everywhere and just no pride. When I grew up every

Posted Images

terriersoflongago021.jpg

terriersoflongago020.jpg

from years back

that top pic is a cracker, got the look of a flynn staff about it...

Yokel

mr.flyyn himself lives not far from my home ,but he has none of his blood in it,,he was off of a working terrierxstaff,to a russel bitch,he actually stoped working and refused to go after a few great seasons with him,for no understandable reason.after a few efforts to get him going and failure each time i did the unforgivable(to my mates anyway)I gave him a shake in the stop end and he went on good.took him out and brought him to another earth and away he went again for 4 more seasons ,working to a very high standard,.to this day I cant explain why he just downed tools and refused to go even after few good seasons.never had I seen it before and never since,thankfully.....never bred from him though after that,

• Like 3

Jigsaw I havent any of that stuff left now,I was working a dog that I bred,up until the end of this season out of a bitch that I bred that was double bred out of that last Russell I put up,to a local Russell dog,who was going well for me but after having dug him 54 times at the age of 3 1/2 decided it was no longer for him.the old dog never got the bitch he deserved after looking high and low.i tried to source a bitch for him but they are like hens teeth.there is stuff down in cork that interests me but its kept in a close circle,I have straws but by of the old dog so all is not lost.

Edited by smasher

Hard to take when they jack it in after so many digs NOT NICE!! Was in the same situation with a Russell dog I hunted for 10 years probably the best dog al ever own and couldnt get a good enough Russell bitch to breed him to. There hard to get lol