Hare Shoot According To Baw

i dont agree with shooting hares but at the end of the day there is huge numbers getting shot year after year and the numbers dont seem to be reducing now 1 of the previous posts stated a hare eats the same as 1 sheep if the hare drives didnt happen it seems like they could start causing a real problem now what options would that leave the farmers/land owners ????

3 hare`s consume the same amount of pasture as 1 sheep
shoot the sheep then :D
that's why theres no hares in Wales :laugh::laugh:
says who? :D

Me. There were some, but I shot them when i was in Wales last weekend. :laugh:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a sad fact that the hunting "community" still attack each other at every opportunity; the shooters v the coursers, the Hunts v the foxing lads, even the lampers v the daywalkers !! I, personally,

Nothin worse than a hare thread on this site. You soon see who has a proper understanding of the countryside and who doesn't though.

Aye, it's almost as bad as killing tame park deer and getting all lurcher owners a bad name.....

i dont agree with shooting hares but at the end of the day there is huge numbers getting shot year after year and the numbers dont seem to be reducing now 1 of the previous posts stated a hare eats the same as 1 sheep if the hare drives didnt happen it seems like they could start causing a real problem now what options would that leave the farmers/land owners ????

3 hare`s consume the same amount of pasture as 1 sheep
shoot the sheep then :D
that's why theres no hares in Wales :laugh::laugh:
says who? :D

Me. There were some, but I shot them when i was in Wales last weekend. :laugh:

GEEEET OOOORRRFFF MEEEE LAND :D

• Like 2

Aye shooters. i had a good farm where i ferreted, a shooting syndicate moved in, paying good money, telling the farmer they didn't want me ferreting, so I lost it, twats.

Im a rabbiter, I don't have the type of dog, and I like seeing Hares about, there certainly a lot scarcer, where I am, than years ago, apart from shooters, and lads with Hawks, they are being lamped by so called Dog men all year round, plus the number of Buzzards around, they must take Leverets.

years ago i knew fields that always held a few hares, now nothing, There must be a lot of pressure on them.

Who would rather see a hare get shot than coursed, serious question? Lab?

I'd rather see a hare, fox, rabbit or deer coursed....far more exciting. The point is some plsces have lots of hares and they need controlling...or some folk like to shoot the odd one for the pot.

If you think that's wrong or worse you would vote to ban the shooting of hares( unbelievable) then your deluded.

So running dogs on game is more exciting and better for the quarry?

Could the 1000s of decent lads with lurchers not put a big enough dent in their numbers,if given the opportunity?

Definitely needs to change imo.

I would see no problem in that.

I do find it funny though that some of you lurcher guys think it's disgusting to shoot a few hundred hares but you wouldn't bat an eyelid if it was a few hundred killed by coursing them.

If you don't like shooters just come out and say it...Baw talks some shite on the subject but atleast he just says it how it is. Making out it's caring for the hares is a load of shite...yous just don't like shooters.

Exactly lab, get them told. Least I ain't too faced, you know I hate the fat pet killers :laugh:
Come on mate tell us what happened, did you get your shotgun application turned down :laugh:
There ain't much chance of me getting one of them :laugh: shooters are out for themselves. I used to be behind all fieldsports, each to there own etc. but the more shooters you bump into the more you realize every c**ts supposed to make way for there sport. Look at the BOP thread, they ain't even happy if one even looks at there tame birds lol. If you share permission with a shooter no matter if your ferreting, dogs, hawks, whatever, the c**t will think he has the right to hunt more than you.
At the risk of offending, you don't half talk some crap at times Baw.. All the shooters I know are equally as happy walking round the fields with a ferret box, dog and lamp, hawk, whatever.. I ain't saying people are the same all over, but I'd say the type of people you're describing are the rich professional types who pay hand over fist to spend a day a week on a big estste stood on a peg at the blasting away for the social aspect of if. Not all shoots and shooters are like that as most people who know the countryside well will know.. I'd say the people you're describing are outnumbered by normal lads who like a bit of shooting by a fair margin..

The problem with them is money. They think because they pay, it entitles them over somebody who doesn't. They don't understand we don't need to pay because we are a value to the farmer, they do need to pay for the simple fact, they are fair weather hunters, day ticket brigade. That's fine by me but a lot of them seem to think on the chosen day they've decided to drag their lard ass off the sofa and hit the hills, your meant to make way for them.

I'd rather see a hare, fox, rabbit or deer coursed....far more exciting. The point is some plsces have lots of hares and they need controlling...or some folk like to shoot the odd one for the pot.If you think that's wrong or worse you would vote to ban the shooting of hares( unbelievable) then your deluded.
So running dogs on game is more exciting and better for the quarry?Could the 1000s of decent lads with lurchers not put a big enough dent in their numbers,if given the opportunity?Definitely needs to change imo.
I would see no problem in that.I do find it funny though that some of you lurcher guys think it's disgusting to shoot a few hundred hares but you wouldn't bat an eyelid if it was a few hundred killed by coursing them.If you don't like shooters just come out and say it...Baw talks some shite on the subject but atleast he just says it how it is. Making out it's caring for the hares is a load of shite...yous just don't like shooters.
Exactly lab, get them told. Least I ain't too faced, you know I hate the fat pet killers :laugh:
Come on mate tell us what happened, did you get your shotgun application turned down :laugh:
There ain't much chance of me getting one of them :laugh: shooters are out for themselves. I used to be behind all fieldsports, each to there own etc. but the more shooters you bump into the more you realize every c**ts supposed to make way for there sport. Look at the BOP thread, they ain't even happy if one even looks at there tame birds lol. If you share permission with a shooter no matter if your ferreting, dogs, hawks, whatever, the c**t will think he has the right to hunt more than you.
At the risk of offending, you don't half talk some crap at times Baw.. All the shooters I know are equally as happy walking round the fields with a ferret box, dog and lamp, hawk, whatever.. I ain't saying people are the same all over, but I'd say the type of people you're describing are the rich professional types who pay hand over fist to spend a day a week on a big estste stood on a peg at the blasting away for the social aspect of if. Not all shoots and shooters are like that as most people who know the countryside well will know.. I'd say the people you're describing are outnumbered by normal lads who like a bit of shooting by a fair margin..
The problem with them is money. They think because they pay, it entitles them over somebody who doesn't. They don't understand we don't need to pay because we are a value to the farmer, they do need to pay for the simple fact, they are fair weather hunters, day ticket brigade. That's fine by me but a lot of them seem to think on the chosen day they've decided to drag their lard ass off the sofa and hit the hills, your meant to make way for them.

That's just the thing baw, if the lard arses have permission & you don't, then you've no option but to make way for them ;-)

I'd rather see a hare, fox, rabbit or deer coursed....far more exciting. The point is some plsces have lots of hares and they need controlling...or some folk like to shoot the odd one for the pot.If you think that's wrong or worse you would vote to ban the shooting of hares( unbelievable) then your deluded.
So running dogs on game is more exciting and better for the quarry?Could the 1000s of decent lads with lurchers not put a big enough dent in their numbers,if given the opportunity?Definitely needs to change imo.
I would see no problem in that.I do find it funny though that some of you lurcher guys think it's disgusting to shoot a few hundred hares but you wouldn't bat an eyelid if it was a few hundred killed by coursing them.If you don't like shooters just come out and say it...Baw talks some shite on the subject but atleast he just says it how it is. Making out it's caring for the hares is a load of shite...yous just don't like shooters.
That's just the thing baw, if the lard arses have permission & you don't, then you've no option but to make way for them ;-)

I'm talking on shared permission mate. A lot of ground that's shot is shared with guys who ferret and dogs for the simple fact, the lurcher boys are there to do a job, lard ass is there cos the clown likes shooting every other week when the sun comes out :)

threads getting silly now................. :yes:

ill just add my twopence worth before it gets locked...... :D

the hare is an animal that men on these shores have hunted for many years...........we have invented many ways to hunt old hartly..............BUT by far the best creation is the lurcher..........many will say the dog was bred for rabbits, but i disagree, rabbits are all well and good but NOTHING has ever lived here to test a running dog more than the hare..........men have spent days,months, years even f***ing life times to running this animal and breeding dogs capable of running him the season after next......they loved every second of it and most (tho certainly not all) did it for the love of seeing the course while at the same time having nothing but respect for this most excellent of runners!!!!

in the very far away past ive lamped hares with two dogs, even caught them while squatting in their form and if im honest i look back now and think "what a KUNT" just a waste of a grand animals life that if i had better dogs at the time (for hares!!) i could of ran in the day and remembered the hares darting run, trying to work the dog away so he can get through the hedge and away for another day and then, of course, that moment when he gets a chance to straight line.......... :icon_eek: boy can they shift............... :boogy:

ive also took part in hare shoots around here and one in shropshire and its a big part of the season for some shoots, brings extra coin in, keeps the farmer happy and keeps the numbers down but ive never seen a farmer/keeper/shepherd got as irate over a hare as a fox.............i dont think anyone would want to see the hare wiped out on there land, its the one animal that is always nice to watch and observe for there weird habits, people even used to think they were witches in the past.......... :laugh:

i can see why some people who no nothing about shooting, for arguments sake lets say baw :D , would get wound up over shooting them but at the end of the day the hare is far from rare so its fair to share and if it dont effect me or my land i dont care............ :good:

the hare is an animal that men on these shores have hunted for many years...........we have invented many ways to hunt old hartly..............BUT by far the best creation is the lurcher..........many will say the dog was bred for rabbits, but i disagree, rabbits are all well and good but NOTHING has ever lived here to test a running dog more than the hare..........men have spent days,months, years even f*****g life times to running this animal and breeding dogs capable of running him the season after next......they loved every second of it and most (tho certainly not all) did it for the love of seeing the course while at the same time having nothing but respect for this most excellent of runners!!!!

in the very far away past ive lamped hares with two dogs, even caught them while squatting in their form and if im honest i look back now and think "what a KUNT" just a waste of a grand animals life that if i had better dogs at the time (for hares!!) i could of ran in the day and remembered the hares darting run, trying to work the dog away so he can get through the hedge and away for another day and then, of course, that moment when he gets a chance to straight line.......... :icon_eek: boy can they shift............... :boogy:

ive also took part in hare shoots around here and one in shropshire and its a big part of the season for some shoots, brings extra coin in, keeps the farmer happy and keeps the numbers down but ive never seen a farmer/keeper/shepherd got as irate over a hare as a fox.............i dont think anyone would want to see the hare wiped out on there land, its the one animal that is always nice to watch and observe for there weird habits, people even used to think they were witches in the past.......... :laugh:

i can see why some people who no nothing about shooting, for arguments sake lets say baw :D , would get wound up over shooting them but at the end of the day the hare is far from rare so its fair to share and if it dont effect me or my land i dont care............ :good:

when the Romans first came here the soldiers moaned that there were no hares :yes: so they are in fact non native and were possibly only introduced for sport, strangely enough the same as today's shooters did with the pheasant :laugh:

the hare is an animal that men on these shores have hunted for many years...........we have invented many ways to hunt old hartly..............BUT by far the best creation is the lurcher..........many will say the dog was bred for rabbits, but i disagree, rabbits are all well and good but NOTHING has ever lived here to test a running dog more than the hare..........men have spent days,months, years even f*****g life times to running this animal and breeding dogs capable of running him the season after next......they loved every second of it and most (tho certainly not all) did it for the love of seeing the course while at the same time having nothing but respect for this most excellent of runners!!!!

when the Romans first came here the soldiers moaned that there were no hares :yes: so they are in fact non native and were possibly only introduced for sport, strangely enough the same as today's shooters did with the pheasant :laugh:

That was rabbits love :laugh: :laugh:

no i read it somewhere it was hares for sport and rabbits for food.............love :laugh::laugh:

Nope.. The mountain hare is native, the brown one was introduced iirc.. I always thought it was the Normans who brought the rabbits. :hmm:

The Romans introduced new breeds of farm animals, such as the prized white cattle. Archaeological evidence suggests that guinea fowl, chickens and rabbits were probably introduced as farmyard animals. The rabbits, which they introduced, were a Spanish variety that would not have survived for long in the wild as the British winters were too cold. The Romans also brought new species of game into Britain including the brown hare and pheasants. Samian bowls, which were popular at the Romano-British dining table, often depicted scenes of dogs hunting hare or deer. Wild boar and oxen were native animals that were also hunted. Food finds from archaeological excavations confirm that a wide range of meats contributed to the diet of some Romano-British people.

The Romans introduced new breeds of farm animals, such as the prized white cattle. Archaeological evidence suggests that guinea fowl, chickens and rabbits were probably introduced as farmyard animals. The rabbits, which they introduced, were a Spanish variety that would not have survived for long in the wild as the British winters were too cold. The Romans also brought new species of game into Britain including the brown hare and pheasants. Samian bowls, which were popular at the Romano-British dining table, often depicted scenes of dogs hunting hare or deer. Wild boar and oxen were native animals that were also hunted. Food finds from archaeological excavations confirm that a wide range of meats contributed to the diet of some Romano-British people.

The rabbits we have now are descended from ones the Normans brought from Normandy, not the Spanish ones the Romans brought over. Google confirms this! :laugh:

The rabbits we have now are descended from ones the Normans brought from Normandy, not the Spanish ones the Romans brought over. Google confirms this! :laugh:

but were talking about the hares that they brought here purely for sport, so its in the same category as a pheasant as they brought them here for the same reason :laugh: