Hare Shoot According To Baw

What pisses me off is that shooters CAN buy/rent land and do this legally while a lurcher man/club could buy the same land, kill one hare and every one in attendance gets locked up and lose there dogs :blink:

start a campaign to get the ban on hare coursing overturned then :thumbs:
you should do it as a modertor on a hunting forum folk would really take notice....... :thumbs:

no, your the one moaning :thumbs:

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a sad fact that the hunting "community" still attack each other at every opportunity; the shooters v the coursers, the Hunts v the foxing lads, even the lampers v the daywalkers !! I, personally,

Nothin worse than a hare thread on this site. You soon see who has a proper understanding of the countryside and who doesn't though.

Aye, it's almost as bad as killing tame park deer and getting all lurcher owners a bad name.....

i bet they would ask the shooters to sign it even though some dog men in this thread would like to remove hare from the legal quarry of the shooter.. for the record i would sign..

i wouldnt remove hare shooting at all, some parts of country have more hares than rabbits lol its the law that pisses me off not shooters :thumbs:

im not in to shooting hare, but i have had the odd one. but i would not wish it to be taken as every bit lost to the antis is a step closser to losing all hunting rights in general.

i dont expect that to happen but if it did i would be out with my nets while the rest of the town dare not put on a lamp..

ill get more hare than the rest of them put togehter :laugh:

a shot hare or fox for that matter is a disgrace,in my opinion it is disrespectfull to such fine animals,the slaughter of these large numbers is sickening,dont get why folk take pleasure in shooting big numbers of fox with rifles,sad,sorry for going off topic.

Have to disagree there fella can go along with the hare shooting, its totaly out of proportion shooting hunderds of hares in a single day. However reducing fox numbers this time of the year to protect lambs, its another man,s livelyhood you know.

Who would rather see a hare get shot than coursed, serious question? Lab?

I'd rather see a hare, fox, rabbit or deer coursed....far more exciting. The point is some plsces have lots of hares and they need controlling...or some folk like to shoot the odd one for the pot.

If you think that's wrong or worse you would vote to ban the shooting of hares( unbelievable) then your deluded.

So running dogs on game is more exciting and better for the quarry?

Could the 1000s of decent lads with lurchers not put a big enough dent in their numbers,if given the opportunity?

Definitely needs to change imo.

I'd rather see a hare, fox, rabbit or deer coursed....far more exciting. The point is some plsces have lots of hares and they need controlling...or some folk like to shoot the odd one for the pot.

If you think that's wrong or worse you would vote to ban the shooting of hares( unbelievable) then your deluded.

Could the 1000s of decent lads with lurchers not put a big enough dent in their numbers,if given the opportunity?

I would see no problem in that.

I do find it funny though that some of you lurcher guys think it's disgusting to shoot a few hundred hares but you wouldn't bat an eyelid if it was a few hundred killed by coursing them.

If you don't like shooters just come out and say it...Baw talks some shite on the subject but atleast he just says it how it is. Making out it's caring for the hares is a load of shite...yous just don't like shooters.

I do find it funny though that some of you lurcher guys think it's disgusting to shoot a few hundred hares but you wouldn't bat an eyelid if it was a few hundred killed by coursing them.

If you don't like shooters just come out and say it...Baw talks some shite on the subject but atleast he just says it how it is. Making out it's caring for the hares is a load of shite...yous just don't like shooters.

Nothing against shooters on the whole,I cant stand any of the pheasant shooters ive met (though no problem with the activity itself) the ones who shoot for pest control are ok by me,ive got a lot more friends who shoot than run dogs of any sort.

1000 coursed hare all had the chance to escape if they were good enough 1000 shot ones didn't,big difference.

I have followed this thread because I enjoyed hare drives as a kid but what is obvious to me is that hardly anyone on here knows what a Hare drive is , it was more of a social occasion than a formal shoot everyone took part anyone who had a gun was allowed in ,the hares were not off of one estate but several in fact the hares would have been walked in from miles away it was one of the times when the land-owners or their tenants provided a couple of days sport for the ordinary people who lived and worked on, or around the land they farmed in fact it was these people who turned out on coursing days to help out where needed, it might be done a different way nowdays as I doubt that many computer hunters would be prepared to walk over frozen plough for a day carrying a couple of hares and gun instead of leaving a warm room and their keyboard

• Like 3

I have followed this thread because I enjoyed hare drives as a kid but what is obvious to me is that hardly anyone on here knows what a Hare drive is , it was more of a social occasion than a formal shoot everyone took part anyone who had a gun was allowed in ,the hares were not off of one estate but several in fact the hares would have been walked in from miles away it was one of the times when the land-owners or their tenants provided a couple of days sport for the ordinary people who lived and worked on, or around the land they farmed in fact it was these people who turned out on coursing days to help out where needed, it might be done a different way nowdays as I doubt that many computer hunters would be prepared to walk over frozen plough for a day carrying a couple of hares and gun instead of leaving a warm room and their keyboard

:laugh: I couldn't give a f**k if they even gave soldiers a wee day out shooting them, it's morally wrong in my eyes ohhh great white hunter.

Exactly lab, get them told. Least I ain't too faced, you know I hate the fat pet killers :laugh:

Exactly lab, get them told. Least I ain't too faced, you know I hate the fat pet killers :laugh:

Come on mate tell us what happened, did you get your shotgun application turned down :laugh:

:laugh: I couldn't give a f**k if they even gave soldiers a wee day out shooting them, it's morally wrong in my eyes ohhh great white hunter.

I was beater mate not a hunter and it was morally right , all the hares shot went to people who enjoyed eating them and often could not afford them .

I was beater mate not a hunter and it was morally right , all the hares shot went to people who enjoyed eating them and often could not afford them .

I agree with that mate, not exactly the case now a days though wouldn't you agree? Look, it all boils down to what you enjoy doing. I enjoy seeing a hare getting coursed. I don't like seeing them getting shot. I ran one over the other week and it wasted my day. I have the same feeling when I see salmon getting netted, what a waste. We all know the reasons why it happens, it don't mean we need to like it.

Come on mate tell us what happened, did you get your shotgun application turned down :laugh:

There ain't much chance of me getting one of them :laugh: shooters are out for themselves. I used to be behind all fieldsports, each to there own etc. but the more shooters you bump into the more you realize every c**ts supposed to make way for there sport. Look at the BOP thread, they ain't even happy if one even looks at there tame birds lol. If you share permission with a shooter no matter if your ferreting, dogs, hawks, whatever, the c**t will think he has the right to hunt more than you.

• Like 1