I know very little about rifles, they have never really interested me, being a dog man.

However, i'm needing to get a .22 and probably a .243 for work.

So I was after some advice on a decent, yet reasonably priced choice of the above. Guns would need to be robust and durable, i'm hard on gear :laugh:

I'm not after anything all singing, all dancing, just a tool to do a job well.

I'll probably buy new.

Cheers lads,

ID.

CZ/Brno will alway feature highly for the .22lr

I've got a Ruger 10/22 and they're great semi autos and customisable probably more than any other rifle on the planet.

Also have a Howa in .243 with a synthetic stock - performs very well and perfectly at home on the farm with no worries about damaging the stock on fences etc.

Can pick both guns up very cheaply on the second hand market and similarly both won't break the bank if you buy new.

As above cz for .22 make sure it's the 16inch barrel though anything longer will piss you off in the truck after a while as for the .243 howa or weatherby.Put sensible money into the glass though :thumbs:

• Like 2

As above cz for .22 make sure it's the 16inch barrel though anything longer will piss you off in the truck after a while as for the .243 howa or weatherby.Put sensible money into the glass though :thumbs:

I still haven't got the BM and having sold my CZ I have to cry reading all these posts! Off to cry into my pint now!

Hope you are all good mate.

I still haven't got the BM and having sold my CZ I have to cry reading all these posts! Off to cry into my pint now!

The man should come with a warning...... I now NEED a 25-06 in my life. LOL. Dan and his guns have a nastily expensive effect on people. :laugh:

• Like 1

To make you feel better thats what I would buy given ID's parameters :thumbs:

Me CZ no way :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The man should come with a warning...... I now NEED a 25-06 in my life. LOL. Dan and his guns have a nastily expensive effect on people. :laugh:

Strange that you didn't put you need .410 as well :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Strange that you didn't put you need .410 as well :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh: Call it a sixth sense if you will but I just knew you'd say that! LOL LOL. It's not a 410 I need but guided missiles! I managed 10 pigeon and a squirrel on saturday roost shooting for just over 30 shots so I'm not completely useless! LOL

• Like 1