Can Anyone Help With Ferreting And Snaring

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bigger than this...

If you like reading, get your hands on the book Ferreting An Essential Guide, by Simon Whitehead its up to date, and will answer all your questions, on handling, feeding, hunting, breeding etc well pu

Personal Opinion I don't agree with snares.   OldhamLad out

Posted Images

Ruggers I was looking at getting a catapault; too; don't know if I'll be able to get my marksmanship skills to transfer over..anyway, but any pigeon/rabbit I catch/shoot ends up on the table in any event; the ferrets don't get a look in; are you not interested in feeding yourself with your skill..

Ruggers; ferrets have a really fast metabolism; so it may just be that you're not 'used' to ferrets and how they are....

Post a pic of your ferret and I'm sure everyone will say he looks healthy; but get him company, the cost and effort of looking after 2 is minimally more than 1

i do want to eat them too when i get a catch ill be having the breasts and giving the ferret the carcass with rabbit i can make a mean stew so will give him the heads kidneys live etc im not used to ferrets an i rushed into it some days he looks skinny on his backend others he looks fine but it when he eats hes like a starving dog proper rams it down so i was thinking he needs some kind of meat and not just the bits ofliver and mice i giv him my prfile pic is him and recent one but ill post a pic and see what you think im looking for another but dont know which to get hob or gill ? cheers pal

@pieeater i feed him vitalin ferret food i think its 40% meat with lots of protein cheers pal

As I said i feed Rabbit, Winter Months, a weeks time i will go on to a Ferret complete, especially when there are flies about,

i know a lot of you feed raw all year round, nothing wrong with that, but this is my way, and they do well on it.

Theres nowt wrong with ferret complete.

@pieeater i feed him vitalin ferret food i think its 40% meat with lots of protein cheers pal

As I said i feed Rabbit, Winter Months, a weeks time i will go on to a Ferret complete, especially when there are flies about,

i know a lot of you feed raw all year round, nothing wrong with that, but this is my way, and they do well on it.

Theres nowt wrong with ferret complete.

Exactly..

• Like 1

You Lads are getting over complicated, heard it all , head lamps for cleaning out ferrets. :hmm:

Yeah in the winter; I get home from work on late shifts and there's no lighting by mine; so I use a head torch...

yeah i have to use a torch as its too dark but could use a head torch for something else aswel

I use two cat litter trays, same size, one is screwed down, in the corner where you notice they use,

The second litter tray fits on top of the other. Stops them moving the trays.

I use the cat litter made with wood pellets, i have a hob and Jill in the hutch, they both use the tray, and i put in four handfulls of litter, and just need to clean out the tray twice a week, just empty into a plastic supermarket bag then plop in the dustbin, takes me about 3 mins.

I have a young Jill in another hutch on her own, and she also uses the tray.

Purchased the trays from Willkinsons cheap as chips.

Edited by Country Joe
  • Like 1