Can Anyone Help With Ferreting And Snaring

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bigger than this...

If you like reading, get your hands on the book Ferreting An Essential Guide, by Simon Whitehead its up to date, and will answer all your questions, on handling, feeding, hunting, breeding etc well pu

Personal Opinion I don't agree with snares.   OldhamLad out

Posted Images

A veritable ferret shanty town! Looks good, how easy is it to clean?

A veritable ferret shanty town! Looks good, how easy is it to clean?

its alot easier than before but hes always sleeping do i need to get him more active ?? cheers

Its not unusual for ferrets to sleep up to 20 hours a day.

do i need to handle him more than what i do i get him out to clean and put him in ferret box then put him back and just put food in occasionally i play with him

do i need to handle him more than what i do i get him out to clean and put him in ferret box then put him back and just put food in occasionally i play with him

and cheers for your comment

i feed him on kibble raw liver and pinky mice and if i run out i just get tin of cat food how would you feedhim pet shop fella said some kibble in morning a liver as a treat and a pinky twice a week but when i giv him his food he looks like hes starving i got him in january hes only about 8 months i think hes small for wht ive read and seen for adult hobs and thanks for your advise .......

nick3439 can you keep me updated on how that goes cheers

I only feed mine James Wellbeloved ferret complete and make sure they have loads of water. When ferreting; I gut the rabbits and chuck them the heart and lungs; occasionally the liver and kidneys too (the wife uses them for cooking with)

A lot of the blokes here only really feed em rabbits and maybe chicken mince too.

The garden project is going ok; wouldn't leave them unattended in it, but they were diving under the fence next door.... So I've bought plastic mesh and stakes and I'm working my way round the garden, it's £11 for 5m from B&Q

Ruggers I've got three books for sale that answer 99% of the questions you've been asking about ferreting (you don't need all three, 1 is enough...) look PM me about them.

Edited by Nick3439

The book I mentioned is the most up to date, it also deals with the mark3m finder which is the latest, ive looked through a few ferret books and I would say its the best out there, you can get it from Amazon.

my ferrets are fed rabbit from September till the end of March, then after I feed a complete, any Kits are reared on Rabbit only.

where do i get rabbit from to feed him through the summer if kits are only fed rabbit or shall i jutst keep feeding him what i am till september then start with rabbit and also get chicks into his diet

You need too ferret in the winter, and have a freezer, not every one does this, but this is my method, i skin the rabbits and carve a pound of meat off them, this is for the dog the remainder is bagged and goes to the ferrets.

Anything you want to know about feeding, hutches etc, do a search on here and tons of info will come up.

Try not to get obsessed with numbers when ferreting,yes its nice to do the 50,60 etc etc but its not the norm ! Some of my best days ferreting have been 10/12 rabbitts.If you can come home all in good order(ferrets as well) no digging nice bolts and you have a nice day,well thats what its all about imo.

My advice would be spend the summer looking at your land watch the rabbits and bond with your ferret,when the season starts find some smaller warrens (that u have observed through the summer) purse net up and let the ferrets work dont be in a rush once they have bolted or blocked a couple up there soon get the knack! imo there is no such thing as a bad ferret,yes some are better than others but providing you can handle him etc sooner or later he will cotton on........and so will you lol eventually you will be able to read your ferrets behavour and he/she will tell you if theres anyone home!

Buy quality purse nets it makes life so much easier.Good luck

Edited by vanman1
  • Like 1