Man United

Never ever understood the cult of Moyes myself, I'm like a f*****g broken record but the bloke has achieved nothing in his career.

He has won nothing..........he managed to stay mediocre over a long period of time, nothing more.

How that qualifies you to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world is completely beyond me.

Maybe I am missing something, but in football (or any sport) the best people win things time after time and naturally gravitate to the biggest teams be that players or managers.

You wouldn't put a local bank manager in charge of the Bank of England would you?.........winners command respect in sport, medals and trophys talk and bullshit walks !

Amen

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm loving man united this season, hopefully they'll be better next season and get relegated.

Everyone knew this year would be a struggle, the transfer activity was shite, paying last minute over the odds price for Fellaini,... But I don't think most would have thought it'd been this bad... L

Hopefully they'll stick with him for years, f**k it I might even donate some of my wages to help pay his!!

Posted Images

IMHO good managers have the ability to give average players the belief to achieve great things.

That c**t Allerdyce has turned things around and from being doomed we now look safe......am I happy we seem safe? Yes

Am I happy that it may mean fat head keeps his job and pollutes my club with his shit football? No !!

Allerdyce is far from a good manager, his greatest achievement is mediocrity.

That is the real crime of money in football, that mediocrity is tolerated at the expense of playing the most beautiful game in the world properly with a 100% commitment to win.

Moyes may buy his way out of trouble, who knows, but I will forever maintain that he is not big enough to manage the modern Manchester United.

Clubs of that stature demand and deserve the biggest managers with proven track records.......nothing less is good enough in my book

You may be right wilf but gotta give a wee bit more time yet.

Clubs in your position mate, with share holders, massive wage bills, massive expenses and who rely heavily on "glory supporters" with the shirt sales, endorsements etc that go with that (no offence to the true fans) don't have time mate........you need results, year after year.

Yes Fergie got time when he took over but the club was a very different animal then.

Edited by WILF

sam managed pne for 12 games I think and saved them from the drop but wasn't deem good enough shame as he could of done a job but went to b/pool instead and when moyes took over a few years later after being youth coach got them back to back promotions on a team that was already there everton came in for him and he went but I haven't seen anything from him at everton that says he could replace the most successful british manager of all time with the tactics he employs

sam managed pne for 12 games I think and saved them from the drop but wasn't deem good enough shame as he could of done a job but went to b/pool instead and when moyes took over a few years later after being youth coach got them back to back promotions on a team that was already there everton came in for him and he went but I haven't seen anything from him at everton that says he could replace the most successful british manager of all time with the tactics he employs

No offense to you at all mate, but I detest that phrase "could of done a job" when used in relation to football (or any sport)............it's gives too much room for nothingness which is the most shit thing for any true sportsman

at the time pne were in trouble he went to b/pool who were in the same boat went to bolton and got them promoted to the prem after beating pne 3 0 at Cardiff he could of may be done the same with pne but his long ball tactics and big men up front never went down well but did get results but maybe the hammers are use to the ball on the floor and not in the clouds that's why he will never win you over

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 1

heres a question for you man u lads ------would fergie have told rooney to fook off ?

Possibly mate.. Thing is, Rooney is a key United player and it would have cost 50 million or more to replace him in today's market. The type of player needed to replace him wouldn't have come without the same sort of wages being paid so it was cheaper to sign Rooney on for another 5 years. Football's changed. Fergie could manage today's players the old way because of who he was but the power is with the players these days..

Or very possibly not...Fergie having the compulsion to announce in his closing speech to an old scaffold crowd that Rooney had asked for a transfer and wouldn't be getting one..wasn't exactly a flying start to a closed season, especially given that Rooney said whiskeynose was lieing. His agent was ejected from the Etihad campus late December before Rooney had signed his recent deal, The City of Manchester had already notified both the player and the agent not to darken the threshold ever again after Rooney had shook hands with cook on the wage structure and then returned to Trafford to inform United what his new going rate was, Van persil did the same trick with vierra. Had either been tan coloured they'd have been christened mercenaries.

Edited by oneredtrim

Cleverley is very poor, he does nothing. I would shift Nani, Young, Buttner, Cleverley and Smalling in the summer and get some decent lads in. I think Rooney is a good player but £300k a week? If he was banging them in week in week out yeah, but he's only got 12 this season. That's not worth such a pay rise!

IMO I wouldn't be letting Vidic go but hey, Moyes is the boss...

If anybody needs reminding of how football SHOULD be played, look no further than what I personally regard as the greatest display of the game ever by a team......namely the Arsenal team of 03/04.

Taking trophys out of the equation, Wenger is the greatest exponent of pure football in my lifetime and possibly ever in my opinion......certainly, in that season he was.

Now, every team can't be that Arsenal squad, but they should strive to be and so should the managers IMHO.........that's what young players should be getting taught, not this "just stay alive shite"

• Like 1