Sturgeon, No Plan B

Right lets have a referendum if. Scotland leaves.

Should they be allowed to use sterling ( catchy name that )

Or should they be told to fook off and make there own.

Now being theres. 5.2 millon of them and 55 million of us bring on the referendum

uk public poll says yes

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thought this was a post about fish.........   I'm out..............

But surely scot, real independence if that's what you crave, means independent of everything? They don't want Independence, all they want is more power.

it does bother me,and prob bothers every other person like us in the uk.but im not prepared to give up what he have,on the off chance it "could" be better. my thinking is,it has taking a long long t

Posted Images

The UK deficit, (the difference between what it earns in taxes and what it spends) is indeed 121 billion, less than half the deficit it inherited in 2010, and on course for a surplus in 2-3 years.

He won't listen to facts only BS fed to him. Waste of time educating him as his next reply shows

"more like 10-15 years with more brutal cuts"

His grasp of economics is elemental at best, the fact that the UK's growth has outsripped everyone else in the EU seems to have floated over his head!

you pick and choose when to reply to me, one second you say you wont then you do.. then ignore certin things to reply with insults like back in primrary

i dont get everything right, nor do i expect to

you are so far up yourself

Joe, you are being naive; Scotland wouldn't have ANY control over "your" pound. It wouldn't be "your" pound; it would be the UK's pound, and interest rates, revaluation, devaluation, fiscal easing, etc would be totally out of your hands. If the UK economy was booming, the B of E would raise interest rates even if Scotlands economy was in recession, pushing your ecomomy even further into recession. I'm all for Scottish independence, but the people deserve to know the truth of what could happen.

Right lets have a referendum if. Scotland leaves.Should they be allowed to use sterling ( catchy name that )Or should they be told to fook off and make there own.Now being theres. 5.2 millon of them and 55 million of us bring on the referendum

uk public poll says yes
. Mixed up there joe it no to letting you use the pound but yes to fooking you off

The Treasury and the Bank of England have guaranteed the entire debt of the UK, even if and when Independence comes. After independence, the two sides will sit down and work out Scotlands share of the debt. If Scotlands refuses to accept any of the debt it would be economic and political suicide; no lender on earth would trust them, the country would be a pariah.

But fecking heroes . . . .like Iceland. If only we would tell them to do one.

You mean Iceland that already had a currency of it's own and now no-one will lend to them without crippling concessions also they have the credit rating of a dole dossing smack rat :laugh:

I vote yes! Give Scotland it's independence we'll keep the debt and the pound you can take f**k all go it alone and in 5-10 years time go begging to Brussels :laugh:

You miss the point, they said no to the too big to fails, they retained their sovereignty.

2% unemployment and debt free, hardly 'smack rats'

The UK deficit, (the difference between what it earns in taxes and what it spends) is indeed 121 billion, less than half the deficit it inherited in 2010, and on course for a surplus in 2-3 years.

He won't listen to facts only BS fed to him. Waste of time educating him as his next reply shows

"more like 10-15 years with more brutal cuts"

His grasp of economics is elemental at best, the fact that the UK's growth has outsripped everyone else in the EU seems to have floated over his head!

you pick and choose when to reply to me, one second you say you wont then you do.. then ignore certin things to reply with insults like back in primrary

i dont get everything right, nor do i expect to

you are so far up yourself

Who was replying to you?? :blink:

But why would you want currency union, Joe, when it would mean your fiscal and economic policy would be dictated by a foreign government ? What sort of independence is that ?

we would still have more/better control of our £,(7% at moment) using it more wiser than the uk gov

Mate, you are kidding. Gordon Brown and Alex Salmond fudged through the acquisition of Halifax bank by BoS and Natwest by RBS without a care about the fact they would be badly managed. The reason was a vein attempt to make Edinburgh as big a financial center as London. This was widely reported in the Business and Economic press at the time. We all are very aware of the state of these businesses.

Salmond reminds me of Idi Amin, ironically, the movie of his life was titled The Last king of Scotland, watch it!

Anyway, Scotland has a currency, Scottish pounds, all they need to do is pin it to another currency to get its value, usually $USD, in this case they could perhaps do €Eur. Eitherway, if you think Scotland would have better control of its finances than as a part of UK, thats your right but it will make Scottish holidays very cheap. IF they had a currency Union and managed things badly (they would) it would affect the real pound.

I can just see all the distilleries selling 20 YO malt on the border and Brit sorry English booze cruises to pick them up for a £5.00 a bottle!

The Treasury and the Bank of England have guaranteed the entire debt of the UK, even if and when Independence comes. After independence, the two sides will sit down and work out Scotlands share of the debt. If Scotlands refuses to accept any of the debt it would be economic and political suicide; no lender on earth would trust them, the country would be a pariah.

You mean Iceland that already had a currency of it's own and now no-one will lend to them without crippling concessions also they have the credit rating of a dole dossing smack rat :laugh:

I vote yes! Give Scotland it's independence we'll keep the debt and the pound you can take f**k all go it alone and in 5-10 years time go begging to Brussels :laugh:

You miss the point, they said no to the too big to fails, they retained their sovereignty.

I agree but tell that to the world's financiers ;) They really don't like what Iceland has done :laugh: Iceland's credit is as I said before Also they have crazy laws preventing the movement of money out of Iceland blah blah basically they are solvent but blacklisted.. Imagine a millionaire who can't get a decent loan because of past history that's them :laugh:

Joe, you are being naive; Scotland wouldn't have ANY control over "your" pound. It wouldn't be "your" pound; it would be the UK's pound, and interest rates, revaluation, devaluation, fiscal easing, etc would be totally out of your hands. If the UK economy was booming, the B of E would raise interest rates even if Scotlands economy was in recession, pushing your ecomomy even further into recession. I'm all for Scottish independence, but the people deserve to know the truth of what could happen.

we would have better control than we do at the moment, fact

someone said in the scottish indy thread or quoted carmichael, i think it was BH, about no pound etc

I've not quoted anybody in that thread about the pound. All I ever really comment on was Defence.

no problem mate, my bad

Joe, being able to spend your money, and being in control of it, are two vastly different things. You would have absolutely NO control of it's value on the international markets or it's exchange rates. I'd like to know how you would plan a budget or develop a five year plan, when you have no idea how the B of E will conduct it's monetary policy.

I agree but tell that to the world's financiers ;) They really don't like what Iceland has done :laugh: Iceland's credit is as I said before Also they have crazy laws preventing the movement of money out of Iceland blah blah basically they are solvent but blacklisted.. Imagine a millionaire who can't get a decent loan because of past history that's them :laugh:

Ways and means http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/in-one-month-everyone-in-iceland-will-own-cryptocurrency

Although the rise of crypto currencies worries me, a precursor to a cashless society maybe ? Just what the new world order desire.

Ways and means http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/in-one-month-everyone-in-iceland-will-own-cryptocurrency

Although the rise of crypto currencies worries me, a precursor to a cashless society maybe ? Just what the new world order desire.

:laugh: A whole different kettle of fish :laugh:

Ffs don't complicate it anymore than it already is :tongue2: Joe will be jumping on this as the saviour of Scotland.... If Salmond says it is of course :thumbs: