A Few Legends..!

We'll boys with me been new to game fowl there is one in portent lesson I've learnt today ...........

And that is........there's as much bitching in gamefowl as there is in the lurcher game....lol

Ps...great topic for newbies to read....cheers

unfortunately there's very few men that haven't at one time bitched about someone's gear be dogs or fowl !

I suppose there's bitching in everything/every sport there's always going be fierce competition and were there's competition to create the best stock there's going to be bitching....and lots of it......although every now and again you'll get a man/woman who is willing to share there wealth of knowledge .......(but not there secrets)

nothing wrong with competition like you said it makes people strive for better things but crabbing someone's gear goes on to much jmho

Agree with you on that.....

• Like 2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good read. I'll just set the record straight hopefully without it turning into a slanging match and the topic getting locked. I ask the question about ott reds being clarets blood because I once had a

agree with the last couple of posts entirely, but I can understand guys getting defensive of the old timers especially if there dead, and spent alifetime building a reputation for a , well lets say n

To be honest. In my personal experience.   . (Hard to do but) Next time someone is bitching about your animals, be it fowl or dogs etc, try let it go and don't rise to it.. Pity the person that will

Posted Images

agree with the last couple of posts entirely, but I can understand guys getting defensive of the old timers especially

if there dead, and spent alifetime building a reputation for a , well lets say not as experienced person to try and tarnish.

however what does piss me off is the person who NEVER has a good thing to say about anybodys fowl ,set up or opion

but yet never starts a topic or posts a pic, imo this section is really good just lately and I think everybody is enjoying it

so lets not shoot anyone down in flames.. but accept there will be a lot of diverse views . some put more strongly

tha others.

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

Was reading this thread and saw the argument about what was said about the Ruble Hatch,actually Red Richardson told the Doc that Ruble's Hatch were nothing until he used his fathers blood,and in a history of game strains I read about Ruble's,it said there was two sides to the ruble fowl a green legged side rough and powerful that fought right on the ground excellent cutters that would throw a muff every now and then,the other a blue legged side that would break to the lights,and throw a toppy every now and then, the writer went on to say he learned from Billy the blue legged side carried a little Kelso blood and this was where the blue legs came from.

Not my opinion just what has been documented so thought some of you might be interested.

Regards Charlie.

• Like 1

Just finished reading the best of fulldrop a few weeks ago well worth people reading from a man who was there and saw the continual crossing that went on to produce the birds at the top Ive got some interesting info on the chinese game and laos game that went into the yanks over the years

To be honest fella thats bullshit about the chinese game .... it was spread about by one man who was a known liar and con man ....herman pinnon

ive talked many times to his chicken man that worked for pinnon for yrs ...... he told me it was nothing more than a sales gimik and gave me the breeding of the yellow legged pinnons

I also know men that went to pinnons and picked up fowl from him .....

theres a long story to it ..... and the making of the modern day sweaters are involved

remember fellas .... just because its written on the internet or in a magazine it dont make it the truth

• Like 2

If anything is written enough times, a lie becomes the truth! There are those who say a well known Pitbull flat out quit and others say he just could not have made it. The ones who say he flat out quit, usually, are the ones who breed stuff with none of that Blood. It has been written that he flat out quit and was a cur.....so, he is a complete cur!? I had a long, in depth conversation with Kemmer over a BBQ (This guy has culled Pups who have been unwilling to show any aggression at their Food Bowl) I know what his opinion was (a close trusted friend of his was there and gave Kemmer his version) and I know what mine was after the chat and full explanation. Off Topic I know, but this Dog is probably one of the most influential and written about ones in Bulldog history. Like I said, if written enough times........