glad you like them mate id rather give them to someone like yourself who when I spoke to you showed a passion for birds and not some idiot who would just sell them hope the info I sent works for ya mate but if ya get stuck or need a little more help you have my number also thanks for the offer im sure we will meet up in the future happy breeding pal

• Like 8

Grand thing to do for someone for sure Taz and i like your style in it is worth more than money to know the birds you put so much effort into breeding and rearing will be looked after and kept properly,the very best of luck with them Gnasher :victory: and we will want plenty of pics this summer :yes::laugh: .

Lovely looking birds for sure and well worth the wait Gnasher? :hmm::laugh::laugh: .

• Like 1

Definately mate im over the moon with them the mrs thinks ive lost the plot as ive been stood out for hours today just studying them :D ..........Im an all or nothing sort of person when i commit to something i dont cut corners so these birds will get the best of everything and hopefully that will give them every chance of producing some youngsters......i feel very fortunate in that i have access to good knowledgable folk like Taz and yourself for advice and im a quick learner.......must admit ive lost interest in the Goldfinch book id much rather watch and ask questions than just read from a book......and yes hopefully i,ll have a few nice pics to be posting in the future.....if they keep still long enough !!......Dont hang about do they....darting around all over the place not like the Canaries they just sit there with a smile on their face when i get the camera out :D

• Like 1

Well i'm chuffed for you and there'll soon get used to their new surroundings and will settle down a bit for you,they will dash a bit till they get used to the water/feed routine of you entering the aviary but settle down they will as Taz i'm sure has spent many an hour with them :thumbs: .The book you will use as referance many a time and it is good to be able to just check with them,but like you say sitting,watching and learning from it is what it is all about for me as well and i'm well looking forward to some of your posts this year as i'm sure are others.

The very best of luck with them Gnasher :victory:

• Like 1

they will soon settle mate like fireman said once use to new surrounding they will settle but wont sit like canaries mate remember been full aviary bred and are a active little bird especially when entering aviary watch they don't skip over ya head and out lost a few in the years little buggers

• Like 1

they will soon settle mate like fireman said once use to new surrounding they will settle but wont sit like canaries mate remember been full aviary bred and are a active little bird especially when entering aviary watch they don't skip over ya head and out lost a few in the years little buggers

Yep they are doing good mate im sure they,ll be fine......gotta be honest i dont think it will be long before i build another aviary i really wish id built this one bigger now but id imagine thats a mistake plenty of folk make.......think i underestimated how much id get hooked :D ..Not much chance of the birds escaping im double careful with the doors and i dont want to learn the hard way.

I dont think it will be long before i build another aviary i really wish id built this one bigger .....

le Gnash; I reckon you could probably find the space there for a run of flights or so? :D

This is an issue I'd like to (Pointlessly, in my case!) see kicked off and chewed over here, some time;

One, massive, aviary Vs. a run of yard wide flights? :hmm: