One Evil Ferret!

Ive got three jills a mum and her two daughters last year ready for this season, Ive had them out etc and handled them plenty, But theres one that still will not stop being an evil fecker!

so my question is do some ferrets just remain nasty little shits forever or can she be saved

and

the same ferret has a tendency to bite my hand every time I put my hand in the cage, so if she can be saved how can I fix this problem?

Regards,

OldhamLad

When you do get a grip of her check shes no in pain its odd that one sister will bite and the other one wont , them get them out as much as you can maybe some serious work will calm her down

Ive got three jills a mum and her two daughters last year ready for this season, Ive had them out etc and handled them plenty, But theres one that still will not stop being an evil fecker!

so my question is do some ferrets just remain nasty little shits forever or can she be saved

and

the same ferret has a tendency to bite my hand every time I put my hand in the cage, so if she can be saved how can I fix this problem?

Regards,

OldhamLad

I had a similar problem with 3 big hobs I got from an auction. All 3 were huge and I mean almost as big as cats and nasty as hell. Anyway I thought I could tame the beasts and find them nice pet homes. Basically as long as all 3 were together picking them up was hard work but the second I split all 3 litter brothers up there seemed to be a Sudden change and all 3 turned out nice. Maybe due to them being with my tame ferrets possible just because they had been split up. Maybe if you give this a try for a week if you can it may help. If you do id be interested to see what happens just incase it wasnt a coincidence when I did it. Atb blake.

and

Regards,

OldhamLad

I had a similar problem with 3 big hobs I got from an auction. All 3 were huge and I mean almost as big as cats and nasty as hell. Anyway I thought I could tame the beasts and find them nice pet homes. Basically as long as all 3 were together picking them up was hard work but the second I split all 3 litter brothers up there seemed to be a Sudden change and all 3 turned out nice. Maybe due to them being with my tame ferrets possible just because they had been split up. Maybe if you give this a try for a week if you can it may help. If you do id be interested to see what happens just incase it wasnt a coincidence when I did it. Atb blake.

It may be that having your litter together caused them to fight. Whether playing or actually scrapping, they may assume anything in close proximity is fair game. Now they may be playing together, but when they nip us, we see it as aggressive, and that may not be how it is. This may well be a good suggestion for the OP's ferrets as it jumbles up the "pecking" order a bit. You never know until you try.

Atb, BB

Some are just wired wrong.

I had one that would work like a demon calm and gentle as fec in the court/cage try picking her up while working and say bye to your hand :laugh: :laugh:

As above some are just wired wrong..

Had a few like that kie and they aren't here now ?
  • Like 1

I had one that would work like a demon calm and gentle as fec in the court/cage try picking her up while working and say bye to your hand :laugh: :laugh:

Had a few like that kie and they aren't here now

had one go screwy after a thunderstorm, went from being fine to a psychopathic nutter, it would leap at you arched and hissing, never did calm back down

Cheers for all the feedback guys, moving house next year so ill be able to alot a bigger space for a ferret court, im wondering if there's alot of pent up energy that needs addressing as whilst out working her shes calm and chilled, So therefore if she has a bigger space to roam and burn of that energy im hoping itll sort her out.

Last option I can think off.

I had one that was so soft around the cage but take him out working and he was just like a terrier went out with some lads on here and they could not believe just git rid in the end tried grad with him but just could not get him right and I had his brother and he turned out just the same crazy

Had a jill that was a nasty cow, went in bad moods of repeated hissing and biting to hurt, she did seem a bit mad. Came good by a year old. Her brother was soft from day one though. I let them out everyday and if she bit me she was locked in the carrier for five minutes. If she went into a full on bad mood she was put back in the cage for the day. She learnt and matured and is fine now.

Exactly the same as my jill...will let you pick her up at home but when out in the field its a fecker...

I had one that was so soft around the cage but take him out working and he was just like a terrier went out with some lads on here and they could not believe just git rid in the end tried grad with him but just could not get him right and I had his brother and he turned out just the same crazy

only crazy Dan?