How Often Do You Miss

Was out tonight got set up then into the first field on the permission. started calling, straight away i caught a pair of eyes bolting towards me whistled into about 45 yards lit him up with the torch took the shot and missed. Last week same situation I had one sitting about the same distance sat there for ages and I still missed. Was just wondering if folk miss often as that two easy shots in two outings absolutely gutted.

Was out tonight got set up then into the first field on the permission. started calling, straight away i caught a pair of eyes bolting towards me whistled into about 45 yards lit him up with the torch took the shot and missed. Last week same situation I had one sitting about the same distance sat there for ages and I still missed. Was just wondering if folk miss often as that two easy shots in two outings absolutely gutted.

stick a plastic drum in the field and practice

Hi

I was out the other evening dug in some scrub with my shotgun shooting crows that flew past, I could disco one stone dead then five minutes later another crow on the same flight path, speed and height and I would miss the bloody thing. The same thing happens while shooting rabbits with my rimfire, Its irritating but I think it happens to everyone from time to time.

Cheers Joe

Never missed a thing in my life :whistling: :whistling:.....well just the odd rabbit , & very occasional Charlie & the very occasional huge fallow buck that if I had a stick I could have poked it in the eye , apart from that ...miss , never .....unless its flying of course ...but only then very rarely ....actually I rarely HIT anything if its of the ground & moving ....Keep your head down on the stock & have a practice to build the confidence , think every one has a rough patch .. :thumbs:

• Like 3

Went out on the clays today and I either blew them apart or missed behind and left of target!

Need more practice I guess.

Sometimes miss with a rifle but so far not when it's counted. Touch wood

That sounds like you're stopping the gun as you pull the trigger. With a shotgun you need to keep following through.

• Like 2

hi,

ive heard a lot of shotgun shooting being hit and miss but not much on rifles which are set up right, when I had my rimfire rifle with a good scope I rarely missed a shot at distance, but at 45yrds it was an all most dead cert, mainly down to having a good scope, the object you are aiming at looks so close you can pin point exactly where you want to hit, I don't want to come across as sounding cocky as its not in my nature when im saying this, my advice would be check your scope and the set up.

thanks tl

Missed 8 out of 50 clays on Sunday morning but can honestly put 3 of them down to my mind being elsewhere.

Rifle wise I rarely miss as long as I've zeroed immediately prior to the session. I tended to miss more earlier on in my shooting but that was more about thinking about the shot placement and nerves around stuffing up and wounding the animal. I tend to find when I shoot on instinct it's better for me and my quarry.