• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If feeding meat use a lower protein complete, I use around 20 to 24% A lot depends on what the dog is doing, ie a few long runs or multiple sprints over a night etc and it is something that would

Feck C Joe stop stressing lol, you don’t add the two but average them, so mixing 28% with 20% gives half way between ie 24%. Give me a call and I’ll go through it in more detail if you want.   In t

That makes no sence,, fat is fat,, and protein is protein

dont know about the food you are talking about. but my experience with dry food having fed expensive and cheap that there is no substitute for raw meat. in my experience raw meat is needed in a dogs diet when working regular. ive found my dogs appear to have slightly better stamina when being fed meat along with there dry food.

the dry food i use now is 24% protien fed with raw minced chicken, tripe or scraps from the butchers he seams to perform well enough.

I used a Bag of the dried meat..

Dogs all loved it..

Never seemed to worked any better than biscuit & meat (Minced Chcken or beef)

Was handy If I forgot to defrost the meal..

Dose the % of protein comes down when soaked its more moisture then.. ??

Did you get it from WCF ??

Edited by Giro
  • Like 2

I always have a bag of that 55% protein..dry meat in..like Giro said if you have other things to do or forget to get summat out the freezer its real handy..dogs never complain and look and run fine on it..I use it of a weekend mainly and last season I ran the dogs on it for nigh on the whole season and I didn't see much difference in performance to be honest? Dogs were still catching plenty but I still like the raw minced chicken lol or whatever it is we fire through the Hobart ")

• Like 2

Is it %55 dry and when soaked that changes % of its make up ??

Or is it meat covered it protein dust :laugh: ??

I have bought some of them Big bread nuggets chuck a handful in.. I don't know if they add anything extra but KC was on about them so I thought I would try them :laugh:

Its deffo meat chunks..

Bits of beef, chicken legs & god knows what other bits..

I kept it in my pocket for training treats pups love it..

so it relates to the amount of meat rather than the actual protein then as beef is roughly 28% and chicken 25%

Aye say you have a lb of fresh steak..

It would break down protein, Fats, mineral vits moisture or am I wrong.. ??

If its dried, its less moisture so the % of everything else, in that unit goes up ??

I might be totally wrong..

Where is Sandymere :laugh:

• Like 1

Tried that dried meat once, made dogs really loose, like water sometimes, I've always liked a lot of carbs for mi coursing dogs, seeing as though there having to run for a few minutes at a time rather than an out and out sprint of a greyhound, used to feed red mills racer but now use redmills tracker because of the higher carbohydrates and top the protein up using mince chicken, would have thought the 55% protein would be a tad high!

Understanding the ingredients list on dry food is an art in itself :yes: Aaron, rather than just look at protein levels you want to check the ingredients list, if you understand how they work, it will allow you to look at any dry food and know if its any good or not. Google it, it pays to know these things as then you can see through the marketing and BS and get a quality dry food, without necessarily spending the earth, although you do generally get what you pay for :thumbs: