Where Are They.

The elusive Hare. really struggling to see any which is very hard to believe on my permission

As a few lads can verify. Now im not going without dont get me wrong. Lol

I thought this summer would have been a real good breeding year.

How is all you other hare spotters getting on?

I think everybody struggles september .October. because of the land being worked. Ect ect.

But as a norm by late November December im seeing plenty.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The few that remain by me hide in the woods and I hope they stay there instead of out on the fields to be caught and dumped in a gateway by the bell ends that visit here.

I've heard from two different shooting lads that have seen around six hundred hares shot in one day on a couple of recent shoots, I wonder how many years the waterloo cup would take to match a tally l

lots getting netted here for the coursing. plus them buzzards are putting some dent in them.

Off out in the morning on a place we allways see them from the roads. Not very many local though or up the road and the ones that have survived know the score and spend a fair bit of time in cover. Saying that though theres a couple of people near me who only run them on the lamp and there getting a few.

let u no tomoz snoop :thumbs:

ive been down

Today. Windy as feck.now we all know when its windy they love the plough.but where I was today.

It was either weathered stubble or seed with a little bit of leafy too.it was drying out very fast to. Infact if it don't rain

It will be bone hard mate.on the way home it took well over 4hours normally takes two.wagons overturned on the a1

And they made the rest park up and just let the cars through. Fooking carnage.

I so a few today but no where near the amount I normally see .been the same most of this season

Im wondering if it is because it's been so mild.feck knows but they better start showing themselves. Lol

Good luck tomorrow mate hope the grounds okfor you.

Tomo.i haven't been there today. I have other land Infact quite a bit more but it is the same there too.

its raining now snoop its been very mild mate to be fair the farmers are still hammering the fields at the min aint getting chance to rest

it did start raining as I was leaving

But with the wind I thought it would blow over.yes there starting to lift all the beet now.

I think or should I say I hope its because its been so mild so still plenty for them to eat in the woods hedgerows

Ect ect. And like you say they are still fairly active with the machinery on the land.but to be honest I haven't seen

That many levies this year either. A few but not as many as I thought I would saying the good summer we have had.

Its hard enough getting the mutts. Right for the season for there retrieving work. Never mind these mystical fookers

Playing hard to find.its hard enough to retrieve the dam things as it is without them playing hide and fooking seek. Lol

Its a tough old game to be in at times.might go back to the dark side. Lolol

• Like 1

were you a lamping man before then snoop

yes ive done my fair share on the lamp.but have always preferred day time on whatever ever quarry.

Hare deer the odd fox and bunnies too.when it was legal off course. But used to do quite alot of lamping

You can't beat early mornings tho on the right quarry. Night Time is for sleeping. Lol

• Like 1

a good few years ago 2 mates of mine tramped this particular bit of land , any bits of stubble were scoured . nothing . a couple of other lads were passing in there car , stopped for a chin wag . they were stood for adout 10 mins and it was getting grey dark . then for no reason they started lifting in the field behind them :blink:i was talking to Robbie the other day and I reckon the winter solstice has some part to play .

Not sure why they have been so elusive benny.but we are having to work alot harder this year then I have ever done

On these certain pieces of land.they are there. The keeper's are seeing them when they are out doing there

Pest control at night. But for some reason they aren't playing out in the daytime at this time of year like they normally are

They certainly keep you on you're toes no wonder some folk call them .mystical.