Another Nail In The Coffin.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never seen a hound show any form of aggression towards a cur dog.

More children have been hurt by fox's than hounds ffs, still shouldnt of happened unless its a fake anti story Load of bollocks.

Posted Images

Not sure Jigsaw mate but as Ali said, I have never seen dog aggressive hounds

alright wilf,

you would get the odd hound to be a rogue and a terrier killer, one particular pack near me are a disaster, i dug for them on one occasion only and was warned to watch my terriers around them. sure enough if you wernt careful especially round a hole they would swipe em.

another pack i used exercise every morn with the huntsman wer 99% safe but early in the season you could see the curious ones looking everytime we passed a house with a dog. special attention was put into curing the offenders and they would run away from another dog if one went near them after a few morning bringing them on routes we knew we would meet pet dogs! so my point is it is all down to the hunt staff, training and stock breaking....

very bad publisity for hunting and reflects badly on us as a whole.

Not sure Jigsaw mate but as Ali said, I have never seen dog aggressive hounds

alright wilf,

you would get the odd hound to be a rogue and a terrier killer, one particular pack near me are a disaster, i dug for them on one occasion only and was warned to watch my terriers around them. sure enough if you wernt careful especially round a hole they would swipe em.

another pack i used exercise every morn with the huntsman wer 99% safe but early in the season you could see the curious ones looking everytime we passed a house with a dog. special attention was put into curing the offenders and they would run away from another dog if one went near them after a few morning bringing them on routes we knew we would meet pet dogs! so my point is it is all down to the hunt staff, training and stock breaking....

very bad publisity for hunting and reflects badly on us as a whole.

100% down tot the quality of the staff. if they can not control their hounds they shouldn't be in the job.

I personally feel sick everytime I read my local paper as barely a week goes by when a cat isn't killed by some fycking clown in a realtree with a bull cross off the lead in a housing estate, does lurcher owners no favours what so ever and personally if my kids cat was killed in the garden by a lurcher I'd cut its throat and throw it over the wall

I personally feel sick everytime I read my local paper as barely a week goes by when a cat isn't killed by some fycking clown in a realtree with a bull cross off the lead in a housing estate, does lurcher owners no favours what so ever and personally if my kids cat was killed in the garden by a lurcher I'd cut its throat and throw it over the wall

That would make you wellard as them :notworthy::doh:

• Like 1

Stories like this are what the anti's pray every night for.

Also with the choice of words used by the owner of the unfortunate dog I'd say they were anti hunting before the accident.

Also without a doubt you can be sure that an apology and some sort of compensation was offered.

• Like 1

So perhaps I ought to make the owner a nice sugary tea to help him get over the shock of seeing his dog pulverise my cat? Ask him in , show him around , show him pictures of the recently deceased in times gone past? Maybe add him on Facebook and promise to go for a drink, sigh as he leaves and shrug my shoulders saying he's a thoroughly decent chap just unfortunate that he happened to have his dog off the lead, in town .....or would you perhaps actually realise that sometimes, being civil,decent and normal doesn't automatically equate with the regular calibre of person to commit such acts, put another way, if the same lad was breaking into your car, how would you react, not a lot of difference, but sometimes you have to stand on your own feet and be a man, and as I said earlier, I'm afraid that if my child's pet was being destroyed by an out of control hunting dog in an easily avoided scenario, I'm afraid said hunting dog would be bearing the brunt

Edited by THE STIFFMEISTER

Agreed Paulus but how many times have you seen one or two hounds guide the pack ? I very much doubt the whole crew were involved, more likely one or two influencing the others

thats the thing, theres the eggers on and the followers, a pack is only as good or bad as its most forward hounds no different in mixed lurcher packs or any bobbery pack. manners are taught no passed on genetically , it would seem some teach more than others,

So perhaps I ought to make the owner a nice sugary tea to help him get over the shock of seeing his dog pulverise my cat? Ask him in , show him around , show him pictures of the recently deceased in times gone past? Maybe add him on Facebook and promise to go for a drink, sigh as he leaves and shrug my shoulders saying he's a thoroughly decent chap just unfortunate that he happened to have his dog off the lead, in town .....or would you perhaps actually realise that sometimes, being civil,decent and normal doesn't automatically equate with the regular calibre of person to commit such acts, put another way, if the same lad was breaking into your car, how would you react, not a lot of difference, but sometimes you have to stand on your own feet and be a man, and as I said earlier, I'm afraid that if my child's pet was being destroyed by an out of control hunting dog in an easily avoided scenario, I'm afraid said hunting dog would be bearing the brunt

One certain fact I would not blame the dog and " cut its throat and throw it over the wall " :doh:

Edited by C Hall

So perhaps I ought to make the owner a nice sugary tea to help him get over the shock of seeing his dog pulverise my cat? Ask him in , show him around , show him pictures of the recently deceased in times gone past? Maybe add him on Facebook and promise to go for a drink, sigh as he leaves and shrug my shoulders saying he's a thoroughly decent chap just unfortunate that he happened to have his dog off the lead, in town .....or would you perhaps actually realise that sometimes, being civil,

there was an incident here last week. where one woman was walking her shepard on the lead and a little 7 year old mixed race girl was walking with her mother but being allowed to hold the lead of a massive mastiff.rottie cross, long story short the shepherd growled the mastiff cross pulled the young girl over and a row went on, the next thing its a racial incident coppers round houses for hours and hours, cautions threats of court and all for what, people really do need to take responsibility for their own actions and it would seem these days talking just does not work,