Which Fell Pack.

Herdus

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Each and every one of them are great packs. All with there own history etc. All have there own support to back them to the hilt, so get behind each one and give them your support which ever pack it

I'm a Pennine man..nowt wrong here.

Lol the cathra mafia lol.

I wouldn't doubt you PK, I've had some of my worst days out with the Blencathera BUT I really do think its swings and roundabouts with the fell packs lal Melbreak are doing very well this and last season, other seasons may be granted to others.

Good and bad days can be granted to every pack up there.

Blencathera are certainly the pack on everyone's radar, for good and bad, for the past 30 years, the pressure must be enormous on Barry, so for me, i'll always give 'em that grace...

Give 'em your support if you can, its a great (but knackering), day out! Introduce yourself, be respectful and enjoy one of the purest forms of hunting you'll ever have... ;)

Anybody got an opinion on which is the best lakeland fell pack??.Personally it's melbreak for me,variety of country and hounds are brilliant.

Each and every one of them are great packs. All with there own history etc.

All have there own support to back them to the hilt, so get behind each one

and give them your support which ever pack it is because they need it.

• Like 3

I wouldn't doubt you PK, I've had some of my worst days out with the Blencathera BUT I really do think its swings and roundabouts with the fell packs lal Melbreak are doing very well this and last season, other seasons may be granted to others.

Good and bad days can be granted to every pack up there.

Blencathera are certainly the pack on everyone's radar, for good and bad, for the past 30 years, the pressure must be enormous on Barry, so for me, i'll always give 'em that grace...

Give 'em your support if you can, its a great (but knackering), day out! Introduce yourself, be respectful and enjoy one of the purest forms of hunting you'll ever have... ;)

thats where my problem lies/layed with mr todhunter the only two times ive went to introduce myself to him he was downright rude! if i wasnt in the company i was in i would have given him some choice words.....

i went a few more times but never botherd saying good morning then just never went..............

ime now working back in the fells.(wasdale) so ime right in hunt country and keeping fit :thumbs:

A few seasons back I went out with the cathra a few times, just turned up and followed, found both barry and his son to be more than friendly and also another bloke I think was the master or secretary. As for the followers they were the most miserable unfriendly bunch of cnuts Iv ever met. A few times I would be walking home in the rain at the end of the day and car follower after follower would just drive past and leave you walking, when ever a car did pull up and offer a lift it was always a visitor from down south....always! Iv hunted from lands end to scotland, in wales and ireland and with foot packs and mounted packs the bredth of the country and iv never come across such a selfish self interested group of foot followers any where. I stopped following after a dicussion with 3 old blokes who claimed fell hunting would be ok and not banned if only they totally distanced themselves from 'the snobs down south' . Funny enough they turned their backs on me when I asked if they had attended the hunting marches and rallies and asked what else they had done for their sport.

Been out with coniston a few times over past couple of seasons and find more friendly followers there.

out saturday with my favorite pack..........yehyyy

had a poor week at work had a poor week at home and had a poor week on the woman side of thigs, but you can bet your bottom dollar that come the weekend a good day in the valley with porters for company and the weeks troubles will be forgot, very few other sports do this for a man

now theirs only one cure for heart mallice thats sure

that reaches the heart to its cause

its the hounds and the horn on a fine hunting morn........

A few seasons back I went out with the cathra a few times, just turned up and followed, found both barry and his son to be more than friendly and also another bloke I think was the master or secretary. As for the followers they were the most miserable unfriendly bunch of cnuts Iv ever met. A few times I would be walking home in the rain at the end of the day and car follower after follower would just drive past and leave you walking, when ever a car did pull up and offer a lift it was always a visitor from down south....always! Iv hunted from lands end to scotland, in wales and ireland and with foot packs and mounted packs the bredth of the country and iv never come across such a selfish self interested group of foot followers any where. I stopped following after a dicussion with 3 old blokes who claimed fell hunting would be ok and not banned if only they totally distanced themselves from 'the snobs down south' . Funny enough they turned their backs on me when I asked if they had attended the hunting marches and rallies and asked what else they had done for their sport.

Been out with coniston a few times over past couple of seasons and find more friendly followers there.

Are you sure you was with cathra sounds like pennine

Are you sure you was with cathra sounds like pennine

Now why would you say that??

Been out with the Pennine not that long ago ,on a bad scenting day, Huntsman gave a good days Hunting,and to top it off, was on top of the end of a great run,and yes the Lurcher was ages away!!!

Never gave the fellas or lasses the chance To be stand offish...just got in there and introduced ourselves and they kindly returned the approach,do like they wee red collars..and prick-eared terriers,was always led to believe they never went to ground !!!!!!

Must Have been ,they were on Foreign soil ? I,d welcome them back any day .

Happy Huntin' the Pennine...

• Like 1