Sex

relic2

im working 2 jills this season one of them works fine, but the other is a fcuk about, she works but takes the piss, i cant grab hold of her when she comes out the entrance of the hole, ect, but on the other hand she checks every part of the warren, but she still takes the piss ! im in need of another worker !

So say Jills tend to work faster and are more inclined to leave a rabbit that is bottled up and move on, also they aren't supposed to have as good stamina as hobs

Hobs were always considered to be slow methodical workers that will stick with a rabbit until it bolts and they will work for longer.

HOWEVER, I work all jills just because its easier to have all of one sex and some of them work fast some work slow some lay up lots some spend most of there time bouncing around on top but still manage to find rabbits and some work all day long at a snails pace.

That said I don't work hobs and never have so I cant compare the two but what I have put at the top was the traditional view and I reckon there is some truth in it.

hope that makes sense and helps one way or another

Happy ferreting!

IMHO, if you're working with purse nets then use jills or your hob will just be draggin the net back into the hole every time it appears, pain in the ass. If you're bolting to dogs or long nets then hobs will get them moving quicker but both will do the job fine, you might have to dig a bit more with a hob, but be very quiet and they'll usually bolt first.